Career Officer
# 51 Your ship in ESD
09-26-2013, 09:56 AM
I think part of the problem with seeing "your" ship in the Shipyard is that it's an instance. If you have five people in the instance, they all see the same ship there. So I could very well see "your" ship there, not "mine".

There would have to be some pretty fancy programming above and beyond the ship models (plus individual customizations and added effects) in order for everyone to see their own ship.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.
Captain
# 52
09-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lter View Post
I say, remove ESD Shipyard. Its fool having a Captain/Almirant purchasing a ship in some generic mmo store. Instead, take a fly to Utopia Planitia, make us a mini video or mini quest for the comission ceremony, etc. That would rock much more.
That would be really cool indeed.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
A alternative Odyssey Ship Model / A 25th century Ambassador refit.
Career Officer
# 53 Dredging up the past
09-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lter View Post
Instead, take a fly to Utopia Planitia, make us a mini video or mini quest for the comission ceremony, etc. That would rock much more.
It's been mentioned. However, since that was over two years ago, I don't think we're likely to see this any time soon. Clearly a low priority, probably not even on the schedule.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.
Captain
# 54
09-26-2013, 10:29 AM
They should just remove the Vesta and the Armitage and put a Constitution-Refit and Excelsior in there, then we'd have the A, B, C, D, E, and F
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.