Career Officer
# 151
06-22-2013, 10:04 AM
My two cents,

Definitely something needs to be done. The addition of another rep system and the already prohibitive time sink of grinding rep on multiple alts has pushed me to economize my expectations on the 5 chars I created. No more than Tier 4 Rom and Omega and Tier 2 Nuk. That seemed to strike a balance between functionality and effort especially with a job and a life...etc. I started another rom character but did not have the heart to level it because I'd be introducing another rep grind.

As of now, I have functionally retired my 3 fed alts due to rep grinding and now just play the one Kling and new Rom I made. With more rep systems on the way...I may get down to one toon...or none.

To those who ask, what else do you have to do once you hit 50...I like to play around with different combinations of Doff's, Boffs, gear layouts and ships at end game and squeezing more performance out of them as a result..that's fun...grinding rep is a second job that doesn't pay the bills.

So, an account wide unlock or discount for your alts would make sense to me as currently there is little incentive to start new alts...and buy goodies for them.

Another thought might be to have a smaller amount of marks drop when doing other related content...spare marks or for episode replay, random mark drops on rep related content, etc. Going to choice of marks on some pve content was a move in that direction. Allows some diversification of content we choose to do...shrug
Survivor of Romulus
# 152
06-22-2013, 12:45 PM
I would like to see the timers removed once you complete the rep on any character. Then you still have to come up with the resources. But it takes no time waiting for the sake of waiting.

Also, please add a choice of marks as a reward on different missions. Or change the marks to Universal Reputation Marks. So we can play the stuff we find fun on an individual level and still progress. Nothing worse than being pushed to do content that you don't find fun. If you can add "Current Lockbox" to every damn mission reward choice, then marks shouldn't be that hard or game breaking.

Help rebuild the Romulan Star Empire to glory. Click the banner to join today.

Career Officer
# 153
06-22-2013, 01:28 PM
+1 for account-wide rep and/or item sets. I already did the grind on a bunch of characters back before S7. I'm tired of all the "endgame content" being turned into resource dumps
Click here to visit our website

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasto View Post
Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
Career Officer
# 154
06-22-2013, 04:03 PM
I really wish Cryptic had acknowledged this glaring issue in their past Q&A. Was pretty surprised it wasn't brought up at all.
Career Officer
# 155
06-25-2013, 05:08 AM
Another option- both the Omega and NR Reps give a large mark and dil reward upon completion. How about, instead of simply dumping this stuff in the player's assets, the reward is changed to an account-bound box? That would let us give another character a good head start.