Career Officer
# 2841
Today, 03:09 AM
Had a pretty poor run earlier.

PuG'ed ISE in my Fleet Mogh, accompanied by a Scimitar, a Vor'cha, a Bortas and a Rom Dyson ship.

I'm not saying it was a terrible run as such, but it certainly took a lot long than I would have expected. This wasn't helped by the fact that the Rom Dyson ship didn't move from the spawn point. Don't know whether there was a genuine reason for the lack of participation there, but he didn't move for the majority of the mission, and then next time I paid him any heed he'd vanished - DC'ed? Penalty? Don't know.

The Scimitar wasn't very well built either and spent rather a lot of time exploding, or trying to fire it's thalaron weapon, and exploding before it could. Best damage he did was the lethal thalaron fart cloud his explosion(s) produced.

The Bortas was unremarkable - not terrible, but lumbered around making absolutely no attempt to get anywhere very quickly.

The Vor'cha was decent though - was using FAW to good effect, and the instance really came down to myself and the Vor'cha doing all the work, with the Bortas contributing when it finally plodded into firing range.

So not the worst by any means, and I like a challenge, but it was a pity that the Bortas didn't seem to even be trying and the Rom Dyson did nothing.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Lieutenant
# 2842
Today, 03:40 AM
While not an STF I had to deal with some loser during ANR.

Basically there was this internet tough guy bragging how he can solo ANR and was harassing a player because he wouldnt let him go solo. He kept on harassing the players and got pissed when I told him "no one cares if you can solo".

The loser said he was going to find me in real life and murder my family. (can you believe this guy?). Once the mission was over I left and went to get something to eat. When I come back I get a ton of private messages sent from 2 different accounts, obviously from the same guy.

He continues to send threats, saying I'm a coward for not fighting him and how I just like to talk ****. Really? I never realized "no one cares" is talking ****. Some time later I kept on getting similar messages from others in the same fleet as that guy.

Avoid fleet with the name "Ignotus" in the name. Pretty sure they are run by losers like this guy.
Vice Admiral Valdore - R.R.W. Mereidex - Ar'Kif Tactical Carrier Warbird Retrofit

Vice Admiral Yuna - U.S.S. Archeron - Fleet Avenger Battlecruiser

Lieutenant General Kobol - I.K.S. Krothona - Nov Dyson Science Destroyer

Last edited by jon59650; Today at 03:43 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2843
Today, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon59650 View Post

Basically there was this internet tough guy bragging how he can solo ANR and was harassing a player because he wouldnt let him go solo. He kept on harassing the players and got pissed when I told him "no one cares if you can solo".

The loser said he was going to find me in real life and murder my family. (can you believe this guy?). Once the mission was over I left and went to get something to eat. When I come back I get a ton of private messages sent from 2 different accounts, obviously from the same guy.

He continues to send threats, saying I'm a coward for not fighting him and how I just like to talk ****. Really? I never realized "no one cares" is talking ****. Some time later I kept on getting similar messages from others in the same fleet as that guy.

Avoid fleet with the name "Ignotus" in the name. Pretty sure they are run by losers like this guy.
Name-and-shame isn't allowed on the forums, but JFC that guy's an assh*le.
Welcome to Eternal Glory of the Klingon Empire Online. Cowards and traitors please take a number and wait to be ganked.
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Career Officer
# 2844
Today, 06:23 AM
Quote:

I shouldn't laugh, because it's not funny as such - but the pure, unadulterated, stupidity of such players really is laughable.

I mean, said player is VERY likely a fat, lazy, basement dwelling Orc, and therefore has neither the resources, money or stamina to leave it's basement. Reminds me of this:
http://subversivethinking.blogspot.c...-warriors.html

To get so wound up about a GAME indicates a severe personality disorder.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; Today at 06:29 AM.
Captain
# 2845
Today, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
I shouldn't laugh, because it's not funny as such - but the pure, unadulterated, stupidity of such players really is laughable.

I mean, said player is VERY likely a fat, lazy, basement dwelling Orc, and therefore has neither the resources, money or stamina to leave it's basement. Reminds me of this:
http://subversivethinking.blogspot.c...-warriors.html

To get so wound up about a GAME indicates a severe personality disorder.
LOL

I was reading his post and thinking almost the same as you. When I read "murder family", I was like "yeah, the guy getting up from the chair is probably an extraordinary ocasion let alone killing someone". It would probably end up in unintentional suicide.
Captain
# 2846
Today, 07:19 AM
Who left their DPS behind in that KSE I did last night?

We had me in my unfinished and therefore underpowered Mirror Negh and my buddy in his Kar'Fi. Then there was a Scimmy that kept dying, a Vo'Quv who seemed to know what he was doing maneuvers-wise but had a half-dozen injuries when he came in, and some weirdo in a Sov using tetryon beams and a single antiproton (probably the omni). My Mk XI plasma-disruptor hybrid DHCs were doing more damage than the last guy was.

And then I started getting invisitorped repeatedly, which, why the frak hasn't that been fixed yet?

The amazing part was, despite the handicaps, we still managed to avoid letting any probes through, and only lost the optional because time ran out. We blew the second gate maybe twenty seconds after the timer died.

And then we come to Donatra, who keeps cloaking due to people getting too close, at one point actually had her hull going back up, and one of the others (don't recall which one) didn't seem to realize that getting caught in the big glowing green cone is a bad idea. I mean, she got me once because I couldn't get clear in time and she clipped my tail, but this guy didn't even seem to realize you could get out of the way.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Lieutenant
# 2847
Today, 10:04 AM
Quote:

Seriously, report him to Cryptic. There should be no place for that BS anywhere, and people shouldn't get away with it. Not to get all mother hen but "cyber bullying" as the olds call it is a real thing and shouldn't be tolerated.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2848
Today, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyn View Post
Seriously, report him to Cryptic. There should be no place for that BS anywhere, and people shouldn't get away with it. Not to get all mother hen but "cyber bullying" as the olds call it is a real thing and shouldn't be tolerated.
Agreed, wholeheartedly.

Internet Tough Guys are disgusting human beings as well as pathetic losers.
Welcome to Eternal Glory of the Klingon Empire Online. Cowards and traitors please take a number and wait to be ganked.
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Ensign
# 2849
Today, 10:34 AM
Quote:

People who are using the anonymity of the internet to insult and threaten people - iīm sure they are too cowardish to say it face to face in RL - are really pissing me off.

And the only solution is to report them. Donīt argue with them, they are not worth it. Just click on the "report to GM" option.

Oh, and I hope that you will make more positive experiences in the future.

Greetings, K.E.J.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyn View Post
I agree.

Last edited by chemistryset; Today at 10:38 AM.