Career Officer
# 11
01-09-2014, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgecrysger View Post
One thing, u say in your post, that once u reach certain part of the story line, i will get a free shuttle.. when is that?? i am already in the breen story line and i never got a free shuttle. I needed to buy one in the store because i needed it to do the vault mission ages ago. and i didnt like to skip episodes (and wth i imagined that i will use the shuttle more often but..).

So is that outdated, and now u will never get a free shuttle?
No, you still get a free shuttle.

If you were doing The Vault, then you should have gotten a free shuttle token with instructions to go pick one up at the shipyard. It doesn't automatically give you the shuttle, you have to go and buy it from the shipyard with your token. If you're a Romulan, then you should have gotten a free shuttle earlier on when you were doing the Rhi Atmosphere mission.

That said, the free shuttle is compete junk as I listed in the OP. You can buy a runabout class shuttle that's much better for Energy Credits in game at the shipyard (applicable for all factions). You don't have to buy a C-store shuttle at all.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Captain
# 12
01-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Sweet guide!

I have found that 360 degree wepons work better for me. The bulk of the shuttle missions I have had to do were against tons of fighters/shuttles, most of which were a lot less powerful than me. But I am not a great dog-fighter, and found that with dual beams I cannot keep other shuttles/fighters in my arc. With the 360s, you can fly at max speed (slowing down is fatal against many other fighters, they hit more often), totally lose your opponent as it zips around, and still blow it away. This is a complete lack of skill on my part, yes, but likely enough I am not the only fumble fingered shuttle pilot out there

That said the annoyingly long and aggravating mission late in the game to contact the gamma quadrant gives a not-unique purple 360 beam that is not too bad, repeat for a second one. The sphere of influence 360 beam is also a good one.

They are not better (you lose dps) but they are much, much, much easier to use.
Career Officer
# 13
01-11-2014, 05:49 AM
Haha it's all good.

In that case what you can do if you want more damage is get a normal beam array (not a double, just a normal one) and then use it with BFAW. That will give you the coverage you need with the damage you want. The only gap in your firing cycle then will be a small portion directly behind your shuttle. That's easily mitigated by how agile small craft are.

-------

On another note, it looks like shuttle PVP is becoming a reality! I normally don't PVP, but shuttle PVP is something that very much interests me. I'll update the guide if necessary after I get my hands on it once it hits the live servers.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Captain
# 14
01-12-2014, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
No, you still get a free shuttle.

If you were doing The Vault, then you should have gotten a free shuttle token with instructions to go pick one up at the shipyard. It doesn't automatically give you the shuttle, you have to go and buy it from the shipyard with your token. If you're a Romulan, then you should have gotten a free shuttle earlier on when you were doing the Rhi Atmosphere mission.

That said, the free shuttle is compete junk as I listed in the OP. You can buy a runabout class shuttle that's much better for Energy Credits in game at the shipyard (applicable for all factions). You don't have to buy a C-store shuttle at all.
Well, then i guess it is a bug, another one.

I didnt receive any instructions or anything else, and what is more important, i didnt receive any token at all. I even went to the shipyard just in case (because it seemed too weird, to force you to buy a shuttle) i could buy a free one for the mission, but that was not the case.

So in the end, with no other options, i wasted 500 stupid zen in a shuttle that i will not use anymore. So thanks, cryptic for another bug, this time with zen to you.
Lieutenant
# 15
01-15-2014, 10:35 PM
Okay this probably better asked seperately, but i read in your OP, you can buy ships with EC?
Now i'm still very new after coming back after 2 years, basicly i left right in the beginning because the game was a mess.

But the point is, i cant seem to find any vendor that sells ships for EC.
Its all zens en dilithium as far as i can tell? (earth space dock or any other faction "base")

Glad to see there is so much more content now, and the engine is way smoother now. (what a buggy mess that was)
Its a little overwhelming almost, barely know where to start haha.
Career Officer
# 16
01-16-2014, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrybear32 View Post
Okay this probably better asked seperately, but i read in your OP, you can buy ships with EC?
Now i'm still very new after coming back after 2 years, basicly i left right in the beginning because the game was a mess.

But the point is, i cant seem to find any vendor that sells ships for EC.
Its all zens en dilithium as far as i can tell? (earth space dock or any other faction "base")

Glad to see there is so much more content now, and the engine is way smoother now. (what a buggy mess that was)
Its a little overwhelming almost, barely know where to start haha.
Sadly, only runabouts can be bought with EC. When you go to the shipyard, you will see some check boxes in the middle above the ship selection. Uncheck all the boxes except for "Small craft" and the menu will filter out anything that isn't a small craft. You can then see the handful of runabouts that you can buy for EC. Each faction has only 2, and one of them is terrible since it has no boff slots.

So the only ones you should be concerned about are:

Federation: Danube class runabout - 34,250 EC
KDF: Toron class shuttle - 34,250 EC
Romulan: Kestral class runabout - 34,250 EC

They aren't very expensive as you can see, but they get the job done.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009