Ensign
# 51
01-06-2014, 08:44 AM
I did all the things the support messages told me to do, including sending a message to support that only received a reply that they were too busy to reply.

I finally find this thread on my SIXTH search through the forums for something workable and I at least have gotten the "run as administrator" workaround to start the game patching. Thank you to the people who posted that workaround.

Bottom line, I'm getting a horrible first impression of this game. Getting people through the door is the first critical step in creating a customer. Failing at that and, if what I've seen in all those threads I did read is correct, allowing these problems in simply starting the game the first time to persist for so long shows a glaring problem.

I'm eager to try this game because I grew up on Star Trek and I have friends playing here. I'm willing to move forward. I hope that the company wakes up and smells the coffee here on solving an important problem. They need to move the entire game forward.

Respectfully submitted.
Ensign
# 52
01-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Have you tried verifying all files from the launcher options? Don't use the steam verify, it will wipe all your patches.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-06-2014, 11:19 PM
for some reason the game refuses to log me in when I have arc up, so I went to the game folder and launched it directly from there...after of course changing my password.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melkor2301 View Post
For me it worked, when I started the Launcher file directly, not from Arc.
this is exactly what I did and what I have directed two buddies of mine who encountered the same issue to do. game works on its own, game does NOT work with arc on.
Ensign
# 55
01-09-2014, 04:40 AM
can anyone tell me how long is to wait before you can actually write password again cos it seems i tryed to many times and i have to wait now