Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Captain
# 141
11-10-2013, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by millybun View Post
I would suggest all body changes be held back from release, personally, and get another looking at to make sure we don't get something that wasn't intended in the first place. I know I'm not the only one who's noticed this, judging not only by this forum thread but also with those I know in-game and out-of-game who have some pride in how their characters look. So please take a look back on these, I would rather have the new alterations with the old body shape instead of giving us a completely different body shape (with shrunken heads >_<).
I agree with you. But S8 goes lives in 2 days, so I guess this is it..

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com

Last edited by cerritourug; 11-10-2013 at 05:22 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 142
11-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the continued feedback.

The seam at the waist with skirts is definitely a big offender - a side effect to the improvements to the thighs and calves. Good news is its an easy fix. Bad news is we're locked in for now on checking in changes unless it's a showstopper.

That said, as soon as we can start updating again safely, it will be fixed.

As a side note, this thread is now 15 pages long and with all of the references to various game builds, it has become quite difficult to track what is new and relevant. Not to mention, the title is "Is it too soon to start reporting bugs...on *today's* build". It caused a slight panic with some people here that the very first page of images was going in our Season 8 release.

Anyway...awesome news is Season 8 goes out *tomorrow*!!

Since this is a big milestone, what I'd like to do is propose a "fresh look" at the characters *on the Season 8* build. I'll ask Brandon about possibly locking this thread, or if we just stop posting here.

But, without flipping an image of before and after to see if there are differences - without worrying about what was intended or not - instead objectively look at your characters and the NPCs in the game and give renewed feedback.

For example, one of the top issues will still be the seam on skirts, because regardless what you knew before or after, it looks bad and like a bug.

Beyond that, again, with fresh eyes, evaluate other things about the characters (and opinions are totally valid). Does anything look weird or broken to you? Feet too big, too small, necks too long, too short, etc.

Obviously, you aren't obligated to find anything. Some very valid comments that we take into consideration are when people pop into a thread and simple say "I think it's fine".

Obviously, we're looking for ways to improve and make people happy so hopefully you will find the characters pleasing overall and with a fresh look we can find the big issues to address moving forward.

Thanks again for all of your detailed feedback guys - you absolutely help make the game better!
Commander
# 143
11-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticjoejing View Post
Thanks for the continued feedback.

The seam at the waist with skirts is definitely a big offender - a side effect to the improvements to the thighs and calves. Good news is its an easy fix. Bad news is we're locked in for now on checking in changes unless it's a showstopper.

That said, as soon as we can start updating again safely, it will be fixed.

As a side note, this thread is now 15 pages long and with all of the references to various game builds, it has become quite difficult to track what is new and relevant. Not to mention, the title is "Is it too soon to start reporting bugs...on *today's* build". It caused a slight panic with some people here that the very first page of images was going in our Season 8 release.

Anyway...awesome news is Season 8 goes out *tomorrow*!!

Since this is a big milestone, what I'd like to do is propose a "fresh look" at the characters *on the Season 8* build. I'll ask Brandon about possibly locking this thread, or if we just stop posting here.

But, without flipping an image of before and after to see if there are differences - without worrying about what was intended or not - instead objectively look at your characters and the NPCs in the game and give renewed feedback.

For example, one of the top issues will still be the seam on skirts, because regardless what you knew before or after, it looks bad and like a bug.

Beyond that, again, with fresh eyes, evaluate other things about the characters (and opinions are totally valid). Does anything look weird or broken to you? Feet too big, too small, necks too long, too short, etc.

Obviously, you aren't obligated to find anything. Some very valid comments that we take into consideration are when people pop into a thread and simple say "I think it's fine".

Obviously, we're looking for ways to improve and make people happy so hopefully you will find the characters pleasing overall and with a fresh look we can find the big issues to address moving forward.

Thanks again for all of your detailed feedback guys - you absolutely help make the game better!
If you really find the time to tackle NPC model issues in the near future, then please have a look at all the clones in STO. So many (mostly male) NPCs look almost identical in this game. Tiny selection:
STOWiki admin.
Ensign
# 144
11-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Id like to see ear position, eyebrow slant, and cheekbone options, just to allow a few more variation..i tried to make a character that's an approximation of mysself. but i have a few distinguishing features that are restricted by these options missing. Browlines have optiexons to protrude and expand, but not slant. Cheekbones can sink and protrude, but not raise. Oh and the nose bridge could sink and protrude. it can go up and down. A more apple shaped head could help too

i always wanted to make an ensign suder type character from voyager. or a Tam Elbrun type

Last edited by wfs5519; 11-11-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Captain
# 145
11-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Nice job on the animated gifs. How did you get the angles on Holodeck and Tribble to match so exactly? Is it just the default angle used when you visit the tailor for the first time after logging in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by millybun View Post
I don't believe the split in the TOS Split Skirt is an actual bug, it appears to be a real change to give the Split Skirt a split as suggested by the design of the overall dress and the name of the skirt. That, I have no problem with, personally.
Well, that change was not in the patch notes. Maybe, crypticjoejing can confirm whether the TOS Split Skirt is actually supposed to have a split.
Captain
# 146
11-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Should we start a new thread under "The Art of Star Trek Online" after Season 8 is released?

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this is a bug too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
For females, the mid-ankle pants named "Panels and Pockets" have been replaced with a new pants option named "Panels and Pockets Long". The new pants have a completely different texture from the old pants. The male version of the pants has not changed. The knee-high version of "Panels and Pockets" also remains the same for both males and females.

Andorian female: Mid-Ankle Panels and Pockets
Front: Holodeck, Tribble
Back: Holodeck, Tribble
Left: Holodeck, Tribble
Right: Holodeck, Tribble

Last edited by frtoaster; 11-14-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 147
11-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Should we start a new thread under "The Art of Star Trek Online" after Season 8 is released?
I'm actually chatting with Brandon now on what is best. I don't think we want a new thread to directly replace this one for a couple reasons.

I definitely want to avoid getting too broad for the topics. And...I also don't necessarily want people finding "problems" just for the sake of finding something. Again, its the idea of checking things out with "fresh eyes".

There is a good thread from user Havelock about the costume tailor so issues that fall under that could go here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=823311

Finally, a challenge in regards to fielding your feedback is acknowledging what are actually *current* problems. Sometimes issues are mentioned forever ago and fixed, but there isn't a confirmation on the forums (or it's very hard to find), so the complaint can resurface and we have to double check the fix. Other times, a complaint gets completely lost in the sea of posts. Obviously, that can be frustrating for you guys. For now, it is what it is, but hopefully you guys know we care what you have to say.

Ultimately, if you guys have an issue, post it as you would normally: 1. If there is a relevant headline pop it in there. 2. If not, don't be afraid to start a new topic.

Cool? Hopefully I didn't end up sounding confusing or contradictory in any of that.
Captain
# 148
11-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Finally, a challenge in regards to fielding your feedback is acknowledging what are actually *current* problems. Sometimes issues are mentioned forever ago and fixed, but there isn't a confirmation on the forums (or it's very hard to find), so the complaint can resurface and we have to double check the fix.
I agree that's a problem with so many builds. That's why I tried to give a patch date in my comments. Actually, would you prefer a build number? If I recall correctly, that's displayed somewhere after we log in.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 149
11-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Actually, would you prefer a build number?
Eh...might be useful to someone, but honestly, I wouldn't know where that falls in line with what I'm currently working on, and I doubt a lot of the artists would. I also don't expect everyone to have to post that. Ideally you guys shouldn't have a lot of requirements or restrictions to giving us feedback.

Generally, we should maybe keep topics a bit more focused and close them down when things are fixed. If the problem/s pops up again, then reopen thread or post new.

It's definitely good when you think something is related, but different enough that a separate thread is made, but linked in one or both threads.
Lt. Commander
# 150
11-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Quote:
*snip*

*snip*

Thank you for all the trouble you're taking in checking out all this stuff, it's much appreciated.

I do understand with the alterations made that there'll be differences in the way our characters appear on subtle levels, and perhaps even less noticeable on Holodeck with the complete update. On Tribble as it is right now though, been a nagging feeling that characters I've moved over and new ones I've made have consistently small heads that barely scale up with the appropriate sliders. It was really the first thing I personally noticed.

My animated comparisons were meant to be less a "please keep exactly the same" and more me trying to explain with imagery how distinct some of the changes can be, mostly for the head size as that's all that really bothers me aside from the seams and clipping.

I do like a lot of the changes made, I like the new hands, I like the smoother less angular legs, and given time I'll get used to the rest below the neckline (unless it gets all funky on Holodeck due to space magic or something equally weird, hope it all goes smoothly!).

When it hits Holodeck for a bit, I'll be sure to post impressions in the new appropriate thread.

Quote:
Nice job on the animated gifs. How did you get the angles on Holodeck and Tribble to match so exactly? Is it just the default angle used when you visit the tailor for the first time after logging in?

*snip*

I used the default angle, scrolled all the way out (by default) and set it to not use my chosen stance so I could get a still view of my character. I kind of had fun figuring out how to make gifs, so was a learning experience with photoshop =P