Lieutenant
# 191
07-31-2014, 12:58 PM
Dear All,

I am a Mac user and after today's update, the combat log feature does not seem to work.

I start and stop the logging as usual (by typing /CombatLog 1 and then /CombatLog 0) but then when I go to the "GameClient" folder there is no combatlog file to be found.

Does anyone know what changed? Are the combat logs now stored somewhere else after the patch? Has the feature been removed? Or is this just me?

Thank you in advance for you help.
Lieutenant
There appeared to be a "live" (?) patch applied this evening ~5-5:30p EDT, as I was in-game at the time, the game client crashed, then after a restart of the game client, it performed an update. During that update, the update process failed and deleted a (large?) number of files from within the "Contents" folder, rendering the game client unusable. Attempting to re-download and re-install now, but... this should not have happened.
Lieutenant
# 193
08-17-2014, 02:11 PM
I've been shut out since S9 with a 27" iMac. I just gave up. Tech Support has no idea what was wrong so I have left the game. No choice, really.
Ensign
# 194 MacBook failure.
08-26-2014, 04:26 PM
Let's get one thing clear right off the bat I loved this game. I love Star Trek, I grew up with TNG and DS9, and I bow at TOS as the first. So STO seemed like a prime fit for me.

When I first started playing this game on my MacBook, I had no problems. Sure the graphics weren't as good as I would like them but at least I could play the game.

Then Season 9.5 patch hit and I've been having problems ever since. Image freezing, missing graphics, and critical crashes and things wouldn't work again for weeks.

I don't want to give up on this game. But I've filed more tickets than a traffic cop and positive results have had little or no effect. Tech Support has not helped me.

Like I said, I don't want to give up on this game. But the way I see it, I either have to buy one of those high-end $2,000 gaming PCs (which I can not afford) with fancy video cards (again which I can not afford) or quit the game.

Unless these glitches are fixed I have no choice but to quit the game.

I don't want to but I do not have any other choice.

I hope others can see this post and warning.
Ensign
# 195 season 9.5 patch
09-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Im on a macbook pro and apart from the bloom issue, the game was working fine before. since then more often than not when i change maps, the previous maps image remains on screen except a tiny little corner which seems to be the new map loaded. severe lag etc. all since 9.5 patch. it was working fine before.