Captain
# 11
11-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
I'm sorry, but I think it is a dumb idea to remove criticals from anything.
Something we agree on? (I'm kidding)

But every flail attack has a chance to strike a critical spot so yeah, lets keep crits on AOE.
Ensign
# 12
11-23-2013, 11:08 AM
I disagree This would nerf a good beam build. Making DH Cannons the dominate weapon again, no crit is bulhookey, less crit is fine. I see no reason DHCs and Beams cannot do the same DPS on an average players build.

Even if this DID happen your still looking at the universal critH consoles, becoming relativly useless. Due to the Tier 3 spire tac consoles. getting rid of these and going all tac consoles plus the critH chance from the consoles yer still gonna gain 3.6% critH chance ( on a 4 tac console ship ) getting rid of these consoles and using more fleet neutroniums and monotoniums and whatever else your heart desires, buffing crit even more.

This idea would make anything with less then 4 tac consoles even more useless for DPS.

Leaving these AoE attacks to crit hit is fine, they just need to CRITH less.
In my opinion i did the work to get OP'ed and if i want to be Op'ed goddang it i am gonna be Op'ed!

Another thing, Star trek is about shooting beams and lazors, not shooting bullets and cannons. DHC's et more DPS ontop of beams anyway. If beams get more OP'ed then cannons thats just fine with me. Beam builds are still going to be the most expensive build to make, and to get with he nitty gritty its all a money sink for the game.

Last thing to think about, your gonna get groups where everyone is over powered no matter what anyway making the game seem super easy.

There are better ways to make the game more difficult besides making these skills not crit, thats just ludicrous, IMO.
Lieutenant
# 13
11-23-2013, 11:18 PM
I agree that a 'flail' ability should have significantly less crit than a single target attack but it shouldn't be completely removed. It would stand to reason that someone focusing on attacking a single target would have a greater chance of critically hurting the target than someone shooting at any and everything in range. A 'flail' attack still has a chance to crit, it just has less of a chance. Perhaps the current abilities simply need a crit modifier added to them. The new passive Precision and the new consoles Exploiter and Locator would suggest the same in their terminology. It also falls within the logic of the ACC Overflow mechanic a bit where the more accuracy the attacker has over the target's defense, the more bonus crit the attack is given.
RHINO | SAD PANDAS
Career Officer
# 14
11-24-2013, 03:27 AM
CSVx already negates the +critd of DHC's (according to the tooltip), anyway.

That just looks lazy.

Cannon scatter volley already negates the extra critical severity of dual heavy cannons (according to the tooltip), anyway.

That's better.
Exploding in a massive ball of fire and wreckage since 2012.
Rihannsu
# 15
11-25-2013, 11:13 AM
Remove Crits from AOE Attacks? No thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
I'm sorry, but I think it is a dumb idea to remove criticals from anything.

In fact, heals should do critical hits too, like in any other mmo.
/Agreed 100% to both points.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.