Lt. Commander
I have seen tons of commercials for the game on TV the last few days, and they show people giving orders from their bridge.

Did I miss something? how do i go to bridge view? I see in Sol you can buy an upgrade to your bridge, but if you never see it why? And if it does not exist, they should stop advertising that it does.

Five of Nine
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 11:31 PM
You can go to you're bridge, just cant do anything there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 11:33 PM
You can currently go the your Bridge, using the map options. However, you cannot do anything on the bridge as of yet, which does make the commercial seem misleading. Hopefully it will be added to the game at some point in the near future however, don't get your hopes up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 11:35 PM
I've heard in interviews the Dev's talking about wanting to do more with the bridge feature. It is not something they were planning on having ready for launch, but just happened to get the basics done early. I'm not sure exactly what all will be done, but as of now you can just access your bridge and walk around. (some button by your mini-map radar)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 11:36 PM
I don't have any television service, and haven't seen any ads for this game, but if they're showing stuff like that, I would call it false advertising.

At the very least, it's deceptive, considering the fact that the bridge is the most iconic part of Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
I don't have any television service, and haven't seen any ads for this game, but if they're showing stuff like that, I would call it false advertising.

At the very least, it's deceptive, considering the fact that the bridge is the most iconic part of Star Trek.
I assume the commercial shows you sitting in your chair on the bridge, pointing at stuff. Which you can do. How is that false advertising?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_Ko
I assume the commercial shows you sitting in your chair on the bridge, pointing at stuff. Which you can do. How is that false advertising?
Well I would say it is deceptive at the very least, since you won't be doing that at any point in the game unless you want to see yourself doing it.

Yes, I know.. "false advertising" is a serious claim, but surely you will agree that it isn't exactly honest to show that in the commercials.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 11:49 PM
I think having not played this game most people would assume that you can do that
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by override367 View Post
I think having not played this game most people would assume that you can do that
That's what I mean. It portrays a false image of what the game is.

It's not quite lying, but it isn't quite the truth either.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 12:03 AM
the way i look at it... Im sitting in My chair... giving the orders to do all the stuff.. I am the captian,, Im giving orders... my crew is doing what i say..

Just cause i dont see an animated version of myself doesnt mean im doing it any less..

that doesnt mean i dont want co-op bridge play with freinds on a ship... Im just saying.. what the commerical says you do... You pretty much do.

You ARE captian of a ship and you do give all those orders..

Seriously though.. 90% of game commericals out there are friggin animated trailers.. and not even game play footage.. atleast this commercial uses basically all ingame footage outside of the captain in the chair yelling fire.. (but i get to do that inreal life !)

I supose they could of used a picture of a real person sitting in the chair, But im sure that was a creative decision. To me it's not misleading.. But it does look neat. the way they did it.