Lt. Commander
# 1 Constant CTD Issues
02-03-2010, 02:04 AM
Hi I am also getting constant crash to desk top's in Away Team Missions, Space combat missions. No error messeges just CTD's and a box from cryptic asking "what was happening" when I crashed. Bizzarely I had only lag issues at all during the open beta nothing like this.

ATI 5870
Intel Core i7 3.4Ghz
8gigs of ram
WIndows 7 64bit
Soundblaster XiFi
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 03:47 AM
Tried various drivers, made sure all drivers were updated, I even reinstalled StarTrek from D2D game cleint and repatched it and still got the same problems.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 04:06 AM
Hey yeah is your proxy on Us or EU? try putting it to "None" i had the same problem and now It's fixed for me, now i just have to get a better computer ><
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 04:06 AM
Turn off dynamic lighting and enable vsync. Theres something in the ground code that crashed the games on the latest Cards when these options are enabled/disabled.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 04:29 AM
Im in Australia So im guessing my proxy is US, I will try turning off dynamic lightning and turning on V-sync!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Turn off dynamic lighting and enable vsync. Theres something in the ground code that crashed the games on the latest Cards when these options are enabled/disabled.
Ok Turning off Dynamic shadows and enabling vsync worked I was able to play the game for about 30 mins straight with no crash's (the longest so far) Im still in game as I write this HOWEVER there is a just as significant problem. That of massive "rubber banding" I beleive its called, even in solo away missions or solo combat zones for pve I am suffering from massive rubber banding and lag, this I imagine would make pvp unberable. Will their be a fix for this?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhoth
Ok Turning off Dynamic shadows and enabling vsync worked I was able to play the game for about 30 mins straight with no crash's (the longest so far) Im still in game as I write this HOWEVER there is a just as significant problem. That of massive "rubber banding" I beleive its called, even in solo away missions or solo combat zones for pve I am suffering from massive rubber banding and lag, this I imagine would make pvp unberable. Will their be a fix for this?

I get the same rubber banding and have complained about it before with no response from the devs.
I get it any time I am on the ground... regardless if it is a solo mission or walking around a star base.
It is completely unacceptable really. It makes combat nearly impossible on the ground.
Really love the game though. I am hoping it gets fixed and soon. A lot of people will not put up with such performance and simply choose not to sub which will hurt the game.