Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazsta View Post
Awesome post, i for one totally agree with you. There is a huge need for more diversity in the game. Id love to see even more choice in the character creation screens aswell as alot more playable races i really do think this would bring in more players and keep the attentions of those already playing.
I'd be content if they could release 1 or 2 new races from my list every few months (1-2 months) as the Federation is all about diversity.

I'm anxiously awaiting for them to put in my Tellarites as preset. I miss them.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
It's my intention in this thread to provide Cryptic with my opinions and ideas for the Character Creator. I'm a huge fan of characters and character development and as Trek is about diversity amongst many cultures I think that this is also an important thing for the game (especially with so many people playing - variety is good!)

Ideas for Future Preset Races - Starfleet

The first two options comes directly from the lead character designer in this article. http://www.rarityguide.com/articles/...ist/Page1.html

1. Caitians (confirmed 1st post-launch by aforementioned article)
2. Tellarites (confirmed 2nd post-launch by aforementioned article - should have been preset by launch IMO.)

Now I will go on with ideas for future playable races on the Federation side. I had a longer list originally but I am going to choose the races that are more visually different. There's no sense of putting a list of like 40 races.. I doubt anything that immense will ever get done. Nevertheless here they are.

3. Cardassian (Federation is currently allied with the Detapa Council - Dual Citizenship as well)
4. Denobulan
5. Android
6. Hologram
7. Talaxian (Suffice it to say if you like him or not, Neelix and the Talaxians are a big thing on Voyager)
8. Rigelian (The ones with the green faces from Enterprise - not the birds)
9. Zakdorn
10. Antican
11. Selay
12. Grazerite
13. Ithenite
14. Coridan
15. Antedean
16. Edosian (Lt. Arex from TAS)
17. Xindi-Primate
18. Xindi-Arboreal
19. Xindi-Reptilian
20. Xindi-Insectoid

I'm actually going to force myself to stop there as that's a pretty hefty list as it is. I do think that every few months that Cryptic could release a species or two. Most either have slightly remodelled heads or forehead pieces. There are some, that would purely just be awesome to have cause they look different.

In an effort to prevent this post to be too long (since I know 'walls of text' are discouraged I am going to do the next part in a seperate post.

Great ideas. Especially interesting playing a hologram!
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniqix View Post
Great ideas. Especially interesting playing a hologram!
I think they told us at one point we'd be able to... not sure what happened with that.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-09-2010, 01:26 AM
Also how about the Binars?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-09-2010, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniqix View Post
Also how about the Binars?
I wouldn't say no to the Bynars, however they always operate in pairs. Though I think there was one Bynar in the novels that lost their other one so they were forced to be alone.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-10-2010, 06:45 AM
So apparently according to Zinc on twitter, Saurian females are the least race played by players in STO. I think the Tellarites could beat them.

Come on Cryptic, let's add more races for variety's sake please!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-11-2010, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
So apparently according to Zinc on twitter, Saurian females are the least race played by players in STO. I think the Tellarites could beat them.

Come on Cryptic, let's add more races for variety's sake please!
Do your women have beards too JP? I kid though, let's go Tellarites!
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Very much agreed. The hair selection is pretty bad. Most short styles look wrong on Andorians and cut through the antennae. The recending long hair cuts in the upper body and there aren't that many alternatives for Cardassians. Not to mention a lot styles clip into Vorta ears. Jem'Hadar heads are also very different and there isn't a good scaly skin pattern. I tried to make a Flaxian and it turned out as epic fail. The Klingon hairstyles are a real joke, there isn't even something similar to Gowron or Martok.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Indeed we do need better hair styles available for the more unique alien races that are out there. My Cardassian looks so generic and off with his basic receiding short slick backed hair cut.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-18-2010, 10:43 AM
In the words of Captain Kirk, "I'm force to agree with JPJappic."