Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
03-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenaut
Since I expect that Cardassians will be a faction on day most likely, they could always add them now, and then add more customizations down the road if they want.
Possibly. Whereas if they get them done now, they' could be done later if they do put them in another faction like the Dominion.

As part of the Dual Citizenship Treaty, the Cardassians - who are allied with the Federation - could join Starfleet if they wanted to. I'm sure some of them would.
Lt. Commander
# 42
05-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
Keep the ideas coming! There are so many awesome things from the Star Trek universe we want to add to the game, it's good to hear what the player favorites are.
Matt, are there any plans to add more preset Federation races past Season 2.0?

If so, I'd like to refer to you to the list I made in a post on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
Group A
Denobulans
Cardassians
Talaxians
Deltans

Gorn, Nausicaan and Lethean Females (give them their Female versions.. do it right for both factions please).

Group B
Xindi-Primate
Xindi-Arboreal
Xindi-Reptilian
Xindi-Insectoid

Group C
Zakdorn
Anticans
Selay
Antedeans

Group D
Coridans
Ithenites
Grazerite
Evora

Other
Bynars
Brikar
Gallamite
Tamarians
Additionally, I would like to know what is being done regarding some of the 'canon' characters currently in the game (Naomi Wildman and Icheb specifically).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
Naomi Wildman
Any chance you guys can go around and fix Naomi Wildman's forehead? She's part Ktarian but she has the wrong forehead in game. She should have the little spiky thorns coming out of her forehead.

Naomi Wildman on Voyager
Naomi Wildman in STO

Icheb
Icheb in the game also has the wrong forehead piece. You really have to look closely at this to notice it.. but he's actually using the same one as Naomi. Also, I'm not sure why... but why is his skin showing the 'infected' skin? He should probably look like he did in Voyager or at least closer to it. Instead of having the skin to indicate he was once Borg, why not have the piece by his nose / eye?

-- Changes were made to Icheb since this post was made but he still doesn't look completely right. He still has the wrong forehead / nose piece and also the wrong Borg tech.

Icheb on Voyager
Icheb in STO

Mackenzie Calhoun
I can see *SOME* resemblence between the Calhoun from the books and the Calhoun in the game.. however the eyes are completely wrong. I think th eyes is one major thing that needs to be addressed in the future. We need different sets of eyes for characters otherwise EVERYONE looks the same no matter what you do to the face.

-- Changes were made to Calhoun since this post was made but he still doesn't look completely right.

Calhoun as he appeared in New Frontier
Calhoun in STO

Admiral Kim
Now, what I'd like to know is if this is supposed to BE Harry. If so, then what I would like to say is that if you're going to pay homage to some of the characters we know and love, Cryptic please do it correctly. Giving them a mustache and making them fat isn't the way to go. Make them look how they should so they are recognizable by people who pass by! Do it right or don't do it at all. This has to be my biggest gripe. Alot of this 'extra work' could have been avoided had special care been taken with these NPCs.

Captain Kim in 2404
Kim in STO
Are there also any plans to add more 'eyes' to the character creator to help make everyone look different?
Lt. Commander
# 43
05-18-2010, 04:26 PM
A lot of good suggestions here. Currently my main complaints about the character creator is Denobulans are missing from the Federation species list, and the selection of hairstyles is extremly limited, especially long hair styles. And speaking of hair styles - why is there different hair selections depending on whether your character is male or female, I mean I am sure other species do not follow the gender stereotype that men should have short hair and women should have long hair. With the same argument makeup options and claws/long nails should also be available to both sexes.
Lt. Commander
# 44
05-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Very nice ideas, very constructive and laidout very well!
Lt. Commander
# 45
05-20-2010, 01:39 PM
And a minor thing, perhaps I allready can but just don't know how: I mess around a LOT in the character creater, I really like the fact you can save a look to use later, but what I would like to know is how do you delete saved ones that you no longer intend to use so you can have room for new ones?
Lt. Commander
# 46
05-20-2010, 03:56 PM
what i would like to see is more hairstyles (eg long hair for males (i know its not allowed in military but woman have ^^)

different "facetypes" i have the feeling that theres only one some kind of "standardface" which is very skinny and looking ill or so. would like to see more "full" faces.
some more "alien" looking faces would be cool too, humoid but someway more alien ... (it was really hard to create my asgard char ^^)

what also would be nice is, when faces would not look this concerned, a bit of smiling would be nice. my feminine chars look all hot but have an expression like "silence - i kill U" on their faces.
very sad ^^

one thing i want to mention too: the dread-hairstyles differ in color (they are always a bit darker than the normal hairstyles), so if i take white dreads and white beard, the dreads look always more like grey ...

and what would be nice too would be multi-colour hair, eg some streaks.

also there could be some more complicated hairstyles than those "okay i left my room right now" long hairstyles ^^

and: glasses. i know in ST normal difficulties can be cured, but: i want glasses for style.
Lt. Commander
# 47
05-20-2010, 09:19 PM
How about a Chameloid (from ST VI [IMAN on Rura Penthe]) or an Alasomorph (Wesley Crusher fell for one in season one.)
Lt. Commander
# 48
05-21-2010, 12:44 AM
They need to let you choose what species you want your liberated Borg char or BO to be, not strictly human/Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 49
05-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Don't forget Efrosians, a long-standing member of the Federation (the President in Star Trek VI was Efrosian). Their back story has been fleshed out by the novels quite a bit.