Lt. Commander
# 21
02-03-2010, 10:21 AM
My mind is blown at the number of people who really seem to care about this.....
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychus_Findley
Have it off by defaullt and if you think this is WOW and someone cares how much your gun compensates for your manhood then press "H"....it's that simple
Yes, because someone wants to show off a snazzy piece of weaponry they must have a small ****.... Have to admit you get points for creativity, I don't think I've heard this used as a part of this argument before.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someGit View Post
My mind is blown at the number of people who really seem to care about this.....

What he said!
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-03-2010, 11:09 AM
i'd like to see weapons holstered by default when beaming down to any station or planet. how many times in star trek do you see them beam down with weapons out? i'm sure it has happened but most of the time they wait for hostilities to occur first before drawing weapons.

i don't really know the technical aspects of it, but it seems like it wouldn't be too difficult or time consuming to implement. and weapons are drawn instantly by hitting the fire button so it doesn't impact gameplay.

but it's not that important of an issue, and there are more important fixes that need to be made first. such as broken missions and such.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-03-2010, 11:49 AM
I agree totally, it's the little things that add up! There's no reason why beaming into spacedock or Vulcan or when starting an away mission you automatically have your weapon out. I think it totally would make sense to have them holstered by default and bring em out when necessary. Anyone who wants to argue that point should watch a few episodes of Star Trek, 90% of them did not have away teams beaming down with phasers already in hand.

I also agree that it would be nice if the H key worked for your team in general, in other words if your weapon is holstered so are your BOs weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Auto-holster weapons when entering safe station
I agree. A lot of people might not care, they just run around with or without their weapons drawn, whatever state the game puts them in upon beaming down, so... make the weapons holstered on all friendly bases by default.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-03-2010, 12:27 PM
I remember some's sig said something like

"I love how when ever we land we whip out our guns, even on Star Base 1. It's all like we come in peace shoot to kill"

But, hey, to quote Star Gate SG1: "people love weapon to maximum!"

Immersion be damned because HD EXPLOSIONS!!!
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-03-2010, 01:25 PM
I have no problem with people being able to run around with weapons if they want to, but it should really be off by default. Maybe add a setting to choose "beam to safe locations with weapon holstered", and "yes" by default.

Also it means you never see your "pose". (twitchy, brawler, etc) As your pose has no effect when holding a weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-03-2010, 07:41 PM
I'd also like to put my BOFs into passive mode and have them holster their weapons.

There have been quite a few peaceful missions and I think it reflects poorly upon my as a captain when my science officer is tunning around with a phaser gatling gun while I talk over a peace treaty.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zejus View Post
I have no problem with people being able to run around with weapons if they want to, but it should really be off by default. Maybe add a setting to choose "beam to safe locations with weapon holstered", and "yes" by default.

Also it means you never see your "pose". (twitchy, brawler, etc) As your pose has no effect when holding a weapon.
AH...didn't know that....not so sure I want to have a starbase full of beastial, igor-like posers...