Lt. Commander
So I'm looking at green and white ones. I see nothing that would give me a hint as to why the blue ones are rare. There's no help. I have no idea why some BOs are rarer than others.

I've heard stuff like that some BOs can know things earlier than usual but I have no idea when almost everything can be learned.

POINT IT OUT ON THE BOs!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 02:24 AM
Look at them. They have stronger racial traits. Learn the skills and what levels they are. Oh boy, I hate to do this ... (sorta) L2Pnub.

I'm not that bright and I've got a strong bead on working it out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
So I'm looking at green and white ones. I see nothing that would give me a hint as to why the blue ones are rare. There's no help. I have no idea why some BOs are rarer than others.

I've heard stuff like that some BOs can know things earlier than usual but I have no idea when almost everything can be learned.

POINT IT OUT ON THE BOs!
Or you could just look at their list of abilities and see what they have...that's most likely why they're rare.

If that's too difficult, Hello Kitty Online is that way ---->
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 02:26 AM
Pft I'm not going to read the manual of each and every stupid attack. It should baby me around.

Keep it simple. I want to know what the crap I'm looking at. The same goes for the crazy stats. I still ignore half of those.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 02:27 AM
boffs have racial traits like players, unlike players those come in different qualities, like basic, normal, superior and so on, which affects the magnitude of the bonus they provide. different rarities have different trait qualities.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Pft I'm not going to read the manual of each and every stupid attack. It should baby me around.

Keep it simple. I want to know what the crap I'm looking at. The same goes for the crazy stats. I still ignore half of those.
No one mentioned a manual. Hover your mouse over the BO and it shows you their abilities for space and ground, as well as their traits.

But, you know what? This game seems too difficult for you if moving your mouse and reading requires "babying." It would be awesome if you would send me your stuff before you quit in a brilliant storm of forum-rage.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackphat View Post
Look at them. They have stronger racial traits. Learn the skills and what levels they are. Oh boy, I hate to do this ... (sorta) L2Pnub.

I'm not that bright and I've got a strong bead on working it out.
Lol someone told Parallax to L2P....

He was Lt Com before any of you newbs.

But seriously the colour indicates something, but i haven't really found them better than my other (SP invested) BOs. Stats on the BO only seem to effect ground combat, or am i missing something?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey2ham View Post
Lol someone told Parallax to L2P....

He was Lt Com before any of you newbs.
that doesnt mean anything more than he has more time to play thats all that takes....
Also the stuff he is asking is, he is to lazy to read so I agree read stuff and stop looking for people to hold you hand .

Games like WOW ruined it so now all the kids want there hand held thanks to that game... because there are so used to it. Yes I did use WOW as I played MMO Since they came out and WOW was the first MMO I seen this crap in and it made me leave fast. enough said I don't mind helping the next guy but this question is a joke , you can tell he just wants his hand held.

But seriously the colour indicates something, but i haven't really found them better than my other (SP invested) BOs. Stats on the BO only seem to effect ground combat, or am i missing something?
They do both really read them you will see the difference.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 03:00 AM
Well, I have one Officer who joined my ship that has TWO abilities as an Ensign for ground combat. He can put down a minefield, and he can also use a tricorder to make the enemy guns jam for a few seconds.

That clearly is a better officer than the any you can recruit from the Personnel department that just have one skill as an ensign in ground combat.

My brother had an bridge officer that had two space combat abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcrystal
They do both really read them you will see the difference.
Actually I have found the answer on the forums :
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=1881805

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar_Corvus
can someone explain rare and very rare BO's to me?
whats so special....

Sure!

Bridge Officers come in the same varieties as items in STO. White, Green, Blue, and Purple.

Green and rarer bridge officers have more powerful versions of the ground traits. They also have a chance at having training in abilities that can not be purchased at the Bridge Officer Trainer, or more powerful versions of the abilities you can get at the trainer.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Seems like mine only had better Ground traits. Didn't get one with space traits. Although I didn't check the powers too carefully as i assumed high yield 1 = high yield 1, not that high yield 1on Tavis is different to high yield 1 on Malvok. Im at work but will check later tonight.
I may have to look more closely at all my BOs. I'm assuming its different between white and green/coloured but not white and white?

And in relation to Parallax, he was one of the first non-cryptic people to get to Lt Com in Closed Beta...