Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2010, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3xter View Post
And why does everyone do it? Because they hope that even if you want to stop playing or whatever you might be a few hours or a day late and they get to subtract those 15$ from your CC so they can put it in their:
http://puntabulous.com/wp-content/gin16.jpg
to tell you the truth ... you know when your sub expires ... if your too dumb to cancel it in time its your own fault ... ofc, its easier to blame your own stupidity on somebody else(atari in this case) but the fact remains its really not their fault if your not able to sort out your **** in time.

and that picture you attached is oh so funny ... they really are just a greedy corporation that tries to suck every last dime out of your pocket ...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-03-2010, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darokka View Post
@ocharni

people like u make ME doubt evolution!!!

for example... most people in germany dont have/use credit cards. I dont know where the OP is from... but if he is from germany, than u can see his dilemma

Cryptic should have stated this somewhere!

a friend of mine has the same problem... he does not have a creditcard....ergo... he cant acitivate his account until he gets his gametimecard.
Except you can use Paypal for subscriptions, which doesn't require a credit card...
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-03-2010, 02:45 AM
Quote:
@ocharni

most people in germany dont have/use credit cards. I
that is one of the funniest thing i read in quite a while ...
you believe in santa claus aswell ?
Lt. Commander
# 14
I've seen this problem come up time and again. And i've been thinking about it. This seems to be the only MMO i've played that needs a credit card to play the FREE TIME you get for buying the game cept fo CO. Eve didn't do it WOW certainly didin't. And the others are so far back i just ca't remember. So why does cryptic need it to allow people to play the free time they get with the box???
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
@ocharni

people like u make ME doubt evolution!!!

for example... most people in germany dont have/use credit cards. I dont know where the OP is from... but if he is from germany, than u can see his dilemma

Cryptic should have stated this somewhere!

a friend of mine has the same problem... he does not have a creditcard....ergo... he cant acitivate his account until he gets his gametimecard.

but everybody should be able to register a paypal account....
or he goes to his bank or post office to get one of this prepayd credit cards for 1 or 2 .. i don't know about germany but in italy you get them from the most banks
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovarish22 View Post
Except you can use Paypal for subscriptions, which doesn't require a credit card...
/thread

My message was apparently too short.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-03-2010, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VainEldritch View Post
Oh not again...

You give your card details but they WILL NOT CHARGE YOU. They will only charge you after the free 30 days is up. You can cancel at 29 days, 23 hours and 59 minutes and they wont chanrge you one dime.

EDIT: asking for CC details is standard MMORPG practice.
Basically, this ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocharni View Post
posters like the OP make me doubt evolution ...
That kind of post is unncescessary. Don't worry, we aren't ALL jerks in this community.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-03-2010, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocharni View Post
that is one of the funniest thing i read in quite a while ...
you believe in santa claus aswell ?
however its the truth.. im from italy and most people here don't use credit cards ..
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-03-2010, 02:52 AM
Just get a friggin' credit card. Are you 12 or something?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-03-2010, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb
however its the truth.. im from italy and most people here don't use credit cards ..
germany aint italy ... no offense here but you cant compare that ... i know a lot of germans(naturally living near the border) ... and they all have some credit card even if they dont use them ... might be the fact its one of the wealthiest countries in the world you know