Lt. Commander
# 1 NX Pre-fix - WTF?
02-03-2010, 02:25 AM
one of the many things i was looking forward to with my atari DDE pre-order was getting my NX prefix. - no running arround with the U.S.S. garbage that everyone under the sun is forced to fly with... got my stuff and all was good till i noticed that the prefix is only for the registration number - it doesn't apply to the ship name.

so now i get to fly around with NX painted on my hull, but everonelse see's me as <U.S.S> WTF instead of the <N.X.> W.T.F (BTW WTF isn't my actual ship name, just a place holder for message purposes)..... when you're flying around you see other players names and ship numbers, the registry is only on the hull, not part of the characters title.

the only way someone's gunna know i have the N.X. package, is if they park themselves right on my hull, zoom all the way in and hope there's enough light for it to be readable. - why not just sell studded nose rings that are so small they can only see durring character creation.

not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but kinda anoying to have a bonus that only you are aware of.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildmouseX View Post
one of the many things i was looking forward to with my atari DDE pre-order was getting my NX prefix. - no running arround with the U.S.S. garbage that everyone under the sun is forced to fly with... got my stuff and all was good till i noticed that the prefix is only for the registration number - it doesn't apply to the ship name.

so now i get to fly around with NX painted on my hull, but everonelse see's me as <U.S.S> WTF instead of the <N.X.> W.T.F (BTW WTF isn't my actual ship name, just a place holder for message purposes)..... when you're flying around you see other players names and ship numbers, the registry is only on the hull, not part of the characters title.

the only way someone's gunna know i have the N.X. package, is if they park themselves right on my hull, zoom all the way in and hope there's enough light for it to be readable. - why not just sell studded nose rings that are so small they can only see durring character creation.

not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but kinda anoying to have a bonus that only you are aware of.
it took you how long to figure that out ?
Lt. Commander
# 3
Its like a finely crafted understated table only those in the know, know how good it is.

Gadareth
Lt. Commander
# 4
Quote:

I understand you r frustration, but for once they stuck to the canon : in Startrek NX is not for the baptised name (always USS Whatever), but for ship number (NX - 1701 - A).

It would be unreable and soo not practical to have every ship in the fleet glowing with there ship number around
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 02:30 AM
why would you expect the registry prefix to be shown instead of the vessel prefix?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 02:31 AM
NX replaces NCC, not USS.
The Enterprise from the original series was NCC-1701, and was called the USS Enterprise.
The Enterprise from the show Enterprise was the NX-01, and was still the USS Enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 02:32 AM
because it's a MMO and people ID ships based on the information floating over their heads, not what's painted on the hull - and it's the vessal name that floats over your head. - when you get a special title, you should be able to show it off to people who arn't directly looking at your screen.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Quote:

I hate to break it to you, but it works like this:
Normal: U.S.S. Name, NCC-012345
Bonus: U.S.S. Name, NX-012345

See the difference? The NX repalced the NCC, not the U.S.S.

Since you didn't know this already, I'm guessing your not really a big DS9 fan.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 02:37 AM
Quote:
when you get a special title, you should be able to show it off to people who arn't directly looking at your screen.
you can, but the nx prefix is not and was never advertised as a title.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 02:48 AM
NCC=New Construction Contract
NX= New Experimental