# 41
01-30-2014, 03:24 PM
CURSE YOU BORT

Now I want to try them.... again..... DAMMIT
HAIL HYDRA! Kirk's Protege 10/26/13 http://www.dtfleet.com
Lieutenant
# 42
01-30-2014, 03:29 PM
@borticuscryptic, thx for the information, I guess there is still hope for these weapons to be better than expected

So:
-Is their "dot" on shields stackable like the plasma version stacks on hull or not?
-How much is expected to be their damage per sec with 200 flow capacitors?

Last edited by dauntless89; 01-30-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 43
01-30-2014, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauntless89 View Post
I just have another question - Is their "dot" on shields stackable like the plasma version stacks on hull or not?
It is designed to stack.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-30-2014, 03:34 PM
Warpcore doff has something else to cleanse!
Captain
# 45
01-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedladyboy View Post
Warpcore doff has something else to cleanse!
Don't get us started on the most overpowered duty officer in the game...
--------------------------------------------------
Real join date: March 2012
PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-30-2014, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Destabilized Tetryon:
- Increased shield drain per tick on both Space and Ground procs
- The space effect is now increased using Flow Capacitors (instead of Weapons Training)
- The space effect can be cleansed using Science Team. Hazard Emitters no longer removes the effect
- The ground effect does not scale with any player skills (this is not a change)
- The ground effect can be cleansed with Quick Fix (this is not a change)

The actual damage increase is roughly 2-4x the current magnitude, per tick. And the bonus offered by Flow Capacitors will be fairly substantial.
That is good to knonw. Tetryon did indeed need to be brutal against shields in order to be worth taking over other, more generalist weapons, so these numbers might bring it there.
Quote:
Thanks!
You are very welcome.
You are also welcome for the new ship parts; feel free to throw in ALL SORTS of pieces, good and bad, for all sorts of other ships, especially the rommie ones! We'll worry about setting them up so it looks good. Very nice touch on them being bound to account instead of character by the way.

Edit; we talking "next few days" kind of patch, or "next few weeks?" Can understand that there's tons of things breaking left and right with 8.5 (serversplosions and all that) but wondering if the fix is a simple matter of putting in the right data in a table that'll just happen soon as something else gets patched, or a matter of "the coding then went horribly wrong" that's gonna need some time.

Last edited by pyrogxmk3; 01-30-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Captain
# 47
01-31-2014, 12:17 AM
It seems like the issue has already been resolved with yesterdays patch. What I'm wondering about is if the Science vs. Hazard Emitters thing has also been adressed. It's not in the patch notes.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91863067000&type=sigpic&dateline=13687  91708
http://www.srs-fleet.net/
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-31-2014, 06:53 AM
anyone know how much stack they can proc?
Career Officer
# 49
01-31-2014, 07:06 AM
Before patch: 24.1 Shield Drain 0 flow caps. 23 Shield Drain max flow caps

After Patch: 23.5 Shield Drain 0 flow caps. 37.2 Shield Drain max flow caps

So where is this damage increase? it actually went down... Unless this is just a text issue and the actuall weapons themselves are doing more damage.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Career Officer
# 50
01-31-2014, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I would post numbers but I'm not in game. lol

Honestly though the drain is larger on normal ones... the catch is it happens once... the idea of the dot is to rack up more then one... and best case have a friend racking up some more. Get them 4 or 5 deep and they start to counter regen very nicely.

Its not a game changing proc, just a more useful tetryon imo.
I'm not seeing it that way, I've not fully tested but generally speaking 'stacking these' means more procs - since the proc rate is equal basic tetryons would always out paced these in any equal circumstance.

Generally speaking, most DoTs in MMOs tend to do much more damage in their final total than a direct damage weapon because they have the drawback that they are not bursty and can be reacted to.

It would also appear that Bort has already chimed in that these are not WAI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Hello, Tetryon Enthusiasts!

I am sorry to admit that a small error went live with the Destabilized Tetryon proc, in that they are calculating their damage in the same manner as that of a Plasma Proc, instead of being comparable to a Tetryon Proc. This means that they are not currently increased by Flow Capacitors, and that they deal less damage than intended (plasma DOT deals less damage because it ignores shields).

In an upcoming patch, we will be altering the Destabilized Tetryon proc to behave as designed. Here are the patch notes associated with that upcoming change:

Destabilized Tetryon:
- Increased shield drain per tick on both Space and Ground procs
- The space effect is now increased using Flow Capacitors (instead of Weapons Training)
- The space effect can be cleansed using Science Team. Hazard Emitters no longer removes the effect
- The ground effect does not scale with any player skills (this is not a change)
- The ground effect can be cleansed with Quick Fix (this is not a change)

The actual damage increase is roughly 2-4x the current magnitude, per tick. And the bonus offered by Flow Capacitors will be fairly substantial.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update Bort. I have a soft spot for Tetryon, and I was really curious why a DoT effect was doing approx. half as much damage over 15 full seconds vs. a Proc that does instant damage.

Especially when basic Tetryon are one of the weaker procs available.