Lieutenant
Im not talking about cloaking or any boff power or anything of that kind.

I want to make my ship disappear from my display so I can use FRAPS to record what is going on at a fleet event without my ship always being in the middle of the frame.

Alternatively, I will use a shuttle with max zoom out, but its still not exactly how I wanted it to look

Oh, I also wanted to ask if there was any ToS violation with uploading recorded STO content to youtube or facebook?

thanks!

Last edited by siliconpsycho; 02-07-2014 at 07:03 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-07-2014, 07:03 AM
What I will actually suggest is a bit more complex, but should do what you want.

Record the fleet event through demorecord.

once thats done, you can use the STO demolauncher program to play and change camera angles for the action. (this is how STOked did its in game shots if you have ever watched their playbacks of events)

You can then use fraps to record these playbacks and if you have access to a program like premiere you can clean it up more.
Lieutenant
# 3
02-07-2014, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castsbugc View Post
What I will actually suggest is a bit more complex, but should do what you want.

Record the fleet event through demorecord.

once thats done, you can use the STO demolauncher program to play and change camera angles for the action. (this is how STOked did its in game shots if you have ever watched their playbacks of events)

You can then use fraps to record these playbacks and if you have access to a program like premiere you can clean it up more.
thank you, that is helpful. I will look into the demorecord function and do some experimentation, see if I can make it work how I want it to.

is the demo recorder / player a component of the normal game install?