Lt. Commander
# 1 Gold Spammer Email... already?
02-03-2010, 04:27 AM
Seriously? I've been getting 12 a day since the Head Start began. That is really pathetic.

Can we *PLEASE* get a "report spam" button to get their accounts banned?

Something?

Anything?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 04:27 AM
Eh? There already is a report spam option.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 04:32 AM
Are you surprised? Tell me, are you really, truly surprised at the fact that the parasites have moved in on launch day?

Hell, you can probably consider it a sign that the game is successful if they have arrived already. It means that there is enough of a market base for them to dedicate resources and time to having a day-1 presence. I would probably be worried if there were none to be found.

Put them on your ignore list and let Cryptic deal with bigger problems. Stopping spammers and ****ers is a month-two concern. Bear in mind that even with a "Report Spammer" button someone still have to go out and check to make sure that the reports are legit to prevent the system from being abused.

Gold Spammers are a fact of MMOs. If you have been playing for any length of time you should know this. They are an annoyance at worst, especially early in a game's life cycle where they have only a minor impact on the market. At least STO does not lend itself well to their trade, by the very nature of how it works.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 04:33 AM
Happened to me too. I was so happy to see someone had mailed me but then nope it was spam. >.<
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 04:33 AM
I dont mind them tbh, they're less greedy than cryptic, and let's be frank here, they re much less fishy than cryptic too, I mean can be pretty confident they will actually deliver those gold/credits unlike cryptic content.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 04:34 AM
Had 6 gold spam messages waiting for me when i logged in
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 04:35 AM
Hmm I didn't see a report spam On top of that they are also sending in game tells. I usually reply with f*** off and add them to ignore but it's still a pain.