Lt. Commander
# 41
02-03-2010, 10:32 AM
I had the same problem with not being allowed to login... trying multiple times got me in.

Please fix this Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-03-2010, 10:59 AM
im glad they plan on adding more hardware...just hate we have to WAIT a few days.
getting tired of this timeout crap...takes WAy too many times (9-15) to log in. GET IT DONE

also..if we have to constantly have to click the connection to account timeout, AT LEAST reduce the time it stalls...ie: not make us wait before it reverts back to the failed connection screen..come on. i know im not pro, just getting frustated at having to WAIT so long before it resets.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-03-2010, 11:25 AM
What's going on is VERY simple... Go into your dashboard (my account top right corner of main page). If under "activated features" all it says is "Star Trek Online - Preorder" then you have not activated your final game number for the edition you ordered. In my case, once I entered the second number it ALSO says "Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe" as a second bulleted item. If you are getting a box once you enter the box number it should say "Star Trek Online - Retail" or something to that effect.

If you entered the key for your headstart/beta, you HAVE to enter the new key you should have been sent within the past few days.

This tripped me up, because the e-mail I was sent for mine didn't include the URL to enter your key, and navigating around the site or on the cleint I couldn't find where you enter the new key either.

Even if you already entered a key for the headstart and/or beta for your pre-order, you MUST enter the new key you should have been sent here:

http://www.startrekonline.com/enter_key

Or it will keep telling you "you are unable to log in at this time".

Took me a couple hours to figure that one out - I wish they bothered explaining that in the e-mail they sent, on the home page, and didn't hide the damned url to actually enter the key in unrelated forum posts or old e-mails, and actually bothered putting it into the ****ing e-mail the new keys are sent in.