Career Officer
# 31
01-30-2014, 04:09 PM
I vary. Mainly phasers for most of my Fed ships, though my Wells uses AP, my Jem Dread uses Phased Polaron, my Recluse uses Phased Tatryon. I've got a Protonic Polaron/Proton build planned for the Science Destroyer.

I like Nanite Disruptors, Disruptors and Plasma weapons on my Romulans, though I have a Haakona fitted with Phasers and a Mirror Ha'apax with Polarons.

On Klinks - anything goes. I've got Spiral Waves on my Engineer's Bortasqu, and AP beams on my Sci's Vo'Quv and upcoming Nov.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Lieutenant
# 32
01-30-2014, 04:11 PM
thanks for sharing so far everyone, it is nice to read peoples experiences with different types.

I'll share, in the beginning i made a KDF with disruptors and am currently flying an ap crit build.
Excuse me, excuse me, would you mind stopping that darn noise?

obscene gesture, vulcan neck pinch, claps, cheers
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
01-30-2014, 04:13 PM
Spiral Wave Disruptors or Fleet Andorian Phasers, depending on the ship I'm in.

Speaking of Spiral Waves, can we get a Dual Beam Bank, Single Cannons and Turrets added to the dil store? While I would also like Dual Cannons (DCs or DHCs) I get that the Galor cannot mount those, so they would be "not-canon".
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7, the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Elachi Disruptor Duel Heavy Cannons with my Temporal Destroyer. Although, I'm saving dilithium for those anti-Voth Polarons.
View My gallery at http://captricosakara.deviantart.com

"Hit Me Back, Just to Chat!"
-Stan
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2014, 04:35 PM
It's kind of a strange thing for me. I like unusual things, so when outfitting a freshly-max-leveled character, I tend to gravitate toward the more exotic weapon choices, like dominion polaron, blue phasers, those 10% proc tetryons, or plasma-disruptor hybrids. I have a soft spot in particular for the dominion polaron beams because they shoot neat, phaser-like beams rather than the standard squiggly beams of normal polarons. Pity there's no purple MKXII version.

I of course outgrow those weapons eventually and replace them with less interesting very-rare MKXIIs centered around the most relevant-at-the-time content, but even then, I'll retire those other weapons to a less-used event/collector ship.

Ultimately though, I'd say I like polaron the best, mainly because of their fantastic color.

On the ground, it doesn't matter--I like it all. I've got nearly 5 rows of assorted weapons with various energy types in my inventory to choose from--standard types as well as the more exotic types. The voth/whatever proton rifle has been a favorite lately.
Lieutenant
# 36
01-30-2014, 05:28 PM
I really like the blue phasers from that mission. But my main uses AP because the rest of her weapons from before the STF system got revamped got gone some how. Her Ody Star Crusier uses 3 standard AP beams, the Omni AP beam from the Obelisk, and the Omega plasma/rommie plasma torps.
Lieutenant
# 37
01-30-2014, 05:41 PM
As a "flow cap heavy" sci officer first, any other character later, pure polaron/anything-polaron/polarized-anything is the only way to go for me
Career Officer
# 38
01-30-2014, 05:53 PM
I tend to stick with Romulan Plasma beams, I really like the color and proc on them. Plus, all of my fleet consoles and whatnot boost its damage. I'm currently trying to get back into antiproton though with the new Voth stuff.
Lieutenant
# 39
01-30-2014, 06:00 PM
Equal blend polarized disruptors & phasers. It's a recent switch for me, but it's a rockin' one so far. Prior set up was 100% polaron, but it just wasn't working for me.
Captain
# 40
01-30-2014, 07:45 PM
AP on two ships

Plasma on all the rest
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===