Republic Veteran
# 41
01-30-2014, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
I was right about to ask about these. Right now i'm flying the Romulan Vet ship, so i was debating whether or not to go Romulan Plasma or Fleet plasma. Do the plasma tac consoles boost the lotus? Or would i still be better off going for the Fleet AP?
Yes plasma tac consoles do boost the lotus. They also boost the singularity beam console the arkif uses.
Rake Morgrave - Federation Human
Fade Akira - Federation Reman
Reza Malin - KDF Nausicaan
" Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first and the lessons after..."

Last edited by caldannach; 01-30-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 42
01-30-2014, 09:04 PM
Fed Engie 1: Antiproton Beam Arrays (Old [Borg] version. Previously was crafted Plasma Beam Arrays)
Fed Engie 2: Elachi Dual Crescent Cannons + Turrets (Previously Phased Polarons)
Fed Tac: Tetryon Dual Heavy Cannons + Turrets (Previously Phased Tetryons)
Fed Sci: Polarized Disruptor Beam Arrays (Previously Tetryon Beam Arrays)
Reman Eng: Tetryon Beam Arrays
KDF Tac: Disruptor Dual Cannons + Turrets
KDF Sci: Phased Polaron Dual Cannons + Turrets (Prviously Dominion Polaron Dual Cannons)

I tend tochange weapons for some builds when preparing for PvP. But these are good enough for PvE.
Empire Veteran
# 43
01-30-2014, 09:07 PM
I like polarized disruptors. But with elite gear only available in one type, if I'm focusing on damage, elite disruptors win out for those builds.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Sheshar, Voth Fighter Favs - Corsair, Bulwark, Mogh, Nicor, Mat'Ha
Some others - Qib, Orion Marauder, Guramba, JHEC, JAS, Bastion The rest - HERE
Career Officer
# 44
01-30-2014, 09:14 PM
For my tactical I really enjoy using the Elite Fleet Phasers for the shield heal proc. On my Engineer, I just use Advanced Fleet Antiproton for DPS potential. On my science, I use a mix of proton and antiproton, but would love to go with a full antiproton layout if they'd give us an omni-directional Proton beam.
Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
Captain
# 45
01-30-2014, 09:22 PM
I have many, many alts and a number of them use different energy types.

1. Disruptors - Big family of Disruptor damage types, though the KDF gets the added luxury of Eltie Fleet Disruptors. Between my alts, esp. on KDF side, this is by far my most commonly used energy weapon type.

2. Phasers - My Fed TAC has to keep it real for Starfleet.

3. Romulan Plasma - The only Plasma energy weapons I'll ever use.

4. Antiproton - Regular, trusted AP, not the Voth variety.

5. Polarons - A few of mine have these. Regular Polarons, Dominion Polarons, Phased Polarons. I'm beginning to like the Protonic Polarons a whole lot, esp. with builds that have high Crit Rates.

Cryptic's Development Philosophy for the KDF & PVP
Rihannsu
# 46
01-30-2014, 09:24 PM
Melati: rainbow
Beltran: disruptor
Eridian: phaser
Tetin: Phaser
Chuft: phaser
Drexela: plasma
7 of 13: phaser
Rappaccini: phaser
Carnlan: tetryon
Sekkoth: antiproton
Diaula: torpedos
Emani: plasma
Soheth: plasma
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 47
01-30-2014, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldannach View Post
Yes plasma tac consoles do boost the lotus. They also boost the singularity beam console the arkif uses.
Nice, Thank you for that.

Does anyone know if the Elite Phaser are any good? I'm curious if they're worth getting for my fed tac, but i keep hearing too many differing opinions.
Captain
# 48
01-30-2014, 10:09 PM
I find that I tend to prefer Tetryons and kinetic Plasma weapons. That said, I do love my mixed Disruptor loadout on my Bortasqu.

That said, I think the only damage type I don't have on one of my active ships right now is Polaron. That may change if I do try a proton build with one of the Sci-stroyers, but I they never really did it for me when I've used them in the past.
Captain
# 49
01-30-2014, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
Nice, Thank you for that.

Does anyone know if the Elite Phaser are any good? I'm curious if they're worth getting for my fed tac, but i keep hearing too many differing opinions.
Some people like the heal procs. They're nice, but don't often kick in when you need them. The heal is a bit weaker than that of the valedore console.
Captain
# 50
01-30-2014, 10:29 PM
Perhaps protonic polaron....just to be different
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree