Commander
# 51
01-30-2014, 09:30 PM
It used to be Polarons back in Season 2/3, but they totally renewed and screwed up some lovely weapons in S4+.

I always dispised them after that moment.

God AP used to look awesome too. A bit like how the Voth AP effects are but wayyyyyy better.
Captain
# 52
01-30-2014, 09:35 PM
I'm using polarons, but saving up to upgrade to protonic polarons. The drain I get on them is pretty awesome.
Starfleet Veteran
# 53
01-30-2014, 09:38 PM
Fleet Phasers, good stats and because I prefer that authentic Starfleet look.
Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
Commander
# 54
01-30-2014, 09:40 PM
My Dyson will be pure protonic polaron, but my main ship is tetryon.

Now if there was Protonic tetryon, holy ****.

In a world where everyone's ship shoots orange and red beams, my ship shoots blue (save for the 360 antiproton beam turret).

PvP is lame anyway, I just wish there was more tetryon weapons. I use Phased because its normal Tet + disables, and is really the only good tetryon type. A 360 tetryon beam turret would be great for using my console buffs.

Maybe my dream will come true when they improve crafting.
Career Officer
# 55
01-30-2014, 09:44 PM
Depends on the ship, but I go strictly canon if it's about aesthetics (color).. hence Disruptors for my Klingon and Romulan ships, Spiral Waves for my Galor and some Fed ships, Phasers for my Fed ships and my D'Kora, Polarons for all my Jem ships, .. etc. ..

I don't use Plasma, Tetryon and Antiproton weapons and I never will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanlonehawk View Post
Speaking of Spiral Waves, can we get a Dual Beam Bank, Single Cannons and Turrets added to the dil store?
^ This!!! Signed. *^^*
"My people have a reputation for arrogance. I'm afraid it's well-earned."

EPIC Screenshot Thread is EPIC
Lt. Commander
# 56 Tetryon
01-30-2014, 09:50 PM
I use tetryon weapons because I like their sound effects and pale blue color that matches the pulses of my feedback pulse.
Captain
# 57
01-30-2014, 10:04 PM
I avoid phasers on the ground, mostly because the higher Mk ones look like gaudy messes, the others I generally avoid for similar reason, though this can be worked around by using Romulan disruptors, nanite disruptors, romulan plasma-disruptors, retro phasers and retro disruptors, and bajoran phasers. I also use the omega set a lot because I like the aesthetics and utility. Other than that, my Romulan uses plasma-but not because I want to-because Cryptic has decided to pidgeonhole the Romulans as the 'plasma faction' by giving them a 10% bonus to plasma damage. Eventually I'll switch over to the Romulan rep weapons.

So mostly phasers and disruptors with some plasma and antiproton mixed in.
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-30-2014, 10:13 PM
On my main, who is a tac officer I use antiproton, my alts have no solid plans but At least 2 of them, both sci are gonna end up with rom plasma.
Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
Ensign
# 59
01-31-2014, 06:41 AM
Fed ships: Phasers, Quantum Torps
Klingon Ships: Disruptors, Photon Torps
Romulan ships: Nanite Disruptors, Plasma Torps
Reman ship: Plasma, Plasma Torps
Jem'hadar ships: Polaron, Plasma Torps
D'kora: Tetryon, Quantum Torps

Ground weapons depend on the races of the captain and boffs.
Commander
# 60
01-31-2014, 06:44 AM
Kinetic.

Was Tetryon before.
Joined STO in September 2010.