Career Officer
For those of you still patching/haven't looked, looks like the first of the new Weekend Events is going to see a boost to Dilithium earnings;

Quote:
All Dilithium rewards in the game have been boosted for this weekend. Dilithium earned from the Ferengi Mine, Fleet Dilithium Mine and Lockbox Dilithium Claims are doubled for the duration of this event.
Interesting. Glad I kept some Dil Claims. Doesn't say how much - or if - rewards from STFs and the like, as well as Rep projects, are increased by.

This doesn't go live until February 7th, according to the in-game Calender.

EDIT: Looks like there's also a Reputation Marks boost weekend planned for the 20th of February, too. As it stands, these seem to run Thursday-Monday, and be every other weekend, as opposed to every weekend.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Last edited by johngazman; 01-30-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
01-30-2014, 09:24 AM
Now, if they would double the refinement cap.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Captain
# 3
01-30-2014, 09:26 AM
This is worthless. The bottleneck was never the ore source, but the refinement cap. It's a gemmick to get noobs to open more lockboxes.
Empire Veteran
# 4
01-30-2014, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblet View Post
This is worthless. The bottleneck was never the ore source, but the refinement cap. It's a gemmick to get noobs to open more lockboxes.
well it does save me from needing to grind as much for dil during the week, just use what I have piled up from the weekend
Career Officer
# 5
We need ways to earn XP faster at end game for rep projects and fleet projects.
Career Officer
# 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblet View Post
With Dilithium, perhaps. Not so much for the Rep/Fleet Marks event.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Career Officer
# 7
01-30-2014, 09:48 AM
Extra marks once a month is a joke. Getting those menial mark boosts from lock boxes is hardly helpful. They basically said they want to funnel people and make more $$$. Screwing people over isn't always profitable but we'll see.
There needs to be a better way to earn extra expertise now that mirror is gone too.
This game too often goes back to longstanding mechanics you're used to and change them. Occasionally for the better but more often they seem to make it even worse while adding something new.
As a MMO you can expect to have changes but it is always 1 step forward 2 steps back. Constantly retrofitting the game instead of moving forward. They say this year will be a lot more progressive but we'll see. The money grabs are so obvious but if it helps the game with funding to make new and better content then it isn't so bad?
Career Officer
# 8
01-30-2014, 09:51 AM
Yahhrrr. More fleet marks naow.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Career Officer
# 9
01-30-2014, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutualcore View Post
Extra marks once a month is a joke. Getting those menial mark boosts from lock boxes is hardly helpful. They basically said they want to funnel people and make more $$$. Screwing people over isn't always profitable but we'll see.
There needs to be a better way to earn extra expertise now that mirror is gone too.
This game too often goes back to longstanding mechanics you're used to and change them. Occasionally for the better but more often they seem to make it even worse while adding something new.
As a MMO you can expect to have changes but it is always 1 step forward 2 steps back. Constantly retrofitting the game instead of moving forward. They say this year will be a lot more progressive but we'll see. The money grabs are so obvious but if it helps the game with funding to make new and better content then it isn't so bad?
the question we'll never get an answer to; funding, or lining pockets with silver.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Republic Veteran
# 10
01-30-2014, 10:34 AM
technically, the first of the new weekend events was the dyson bonus weekend, i guess you could say the first "Official" weekend event.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.