Commander
Hourly events

Hourly events have been removed.
These will be replaced by weekend events

Im sorry what? We now have to wait till the weekend to farm the No Win Senario? And or other things people usually farmed throughout the week for the things they need? Im sorry but no I do not approve, change this back to how it was -.-

also....

Resolved a series of bugs with the Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher so it now obeys correct cooldown limitations:

It has 5 charges with no cooldown (other than the Torpedo category cooldown timer of 2 seconds).
Each charge requires 6 seconds to recharge.
This is how the item was always intended to perform.

Exactly what does this mean? Because if it means that after I fire the last charge that it doesnt reload all 5 shots immediately then its become a useless torp. The only thing keeping this torp strong is the fact it can be continously fired. So now we have to wait 30 seconds for all five shots to recharge or waste DOFF slots on doffs that have a small chance to increase torp reload speeds?

Last edited by kaeaja; 01-30-2014 at 06:25 AM.
Commander
# 2
01-30-2014, 06:12 AM
If I'm not wrong, they want a lot of players together at the same time to farm. And also want to get us back to missions that are hardly played now (like the shuttle vault for example which is now always empty).
We Are The Borg. Lower Your Shields And Surrender Your Ships. Your Technological And Biological Distinctiveness Will Be Added To Our Own. You Will Adapt Yourself To Service The Collective. Our Survival Is Your Survival. You Will Be Assimilated. Resistance Is Futile.

Cut off one head; two more shall take its place. HEIL HYDRA!
Rihannsu
# 3
01-30-2014, 06:25 AM
There metrics suggested that they were not overly being taken advantage of, and by doing weekend ones they can get more people in, increase the rewards and its just generally easier for people to hit them.

hourly events can be a pain as you have to be on at the right time, remember they are going on and the rewards are not as great.

the first dyson weekend apparently went well for them so expect them to stay for the near future.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
01-30-2014, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeaja View Post
Im sorry what? We now have to wait till the weekend to farm the No Win Senario? And or other things people usually farmed throughout the week for the things they need? Im sorry but no I do not approve, change this back to how it was -.-

also....

Resolved a series of bugs with the Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher so it now obeys correct cooldown limitations:

It has 5 charges with no cooldown (other than the Torpedo category cooldown timer of 2 seconds).
Each charge requires 6 seconds to recharge.
This is how the item was always intended to perform.

Exactly what does this mean? Because if it means that after I fire the last charge that it doesnt reload all 5 shots immediately then its become a useless torp. The only thing keeping this torp strong is the fact it can be continously fired. So now we have to wait 30 seconds for all five shots to recharge or waste DOFF slots on doffs that have a small chance to increase torp reload speeds?
for starters, PvE Permanent queue events arent disappearing, you can play No Win Scenario all you want. stuff like bonus mark hours are disappearing, and becoming weekend events, like the dyson bonus weekend they had.

The "Insta reload on all charges" the omega torp had was a bug, its been fixed, you were always only supposed to get back 1 charge every 6 seconds, not "fire them all, and magically get more" you dont have to wait 30 seconds to fire again, it iwll start firing again the moment it has 1 charge and is within arc of your current target.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.

Last edited by tenkari; 01-30-2014 at 06:35 AM.
Commander
# 5
01-30-2014, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
you dont have to wait 30 seconds to fire again, it iwll start firing again the moment it has 1 charge and is within arc of your current target.
Useless torp is useless, sorry but its crud now, gg Cryptic, you took away the one thing that made it worth having. Its ability to continously fire without even after 5 charges is what gave it its strength, without that its a useless 5 shot torp now that wont be able to keep up a steady stream of damage if it cant keep the dot stacked+its impact damage, so gg, you've ruined this torp -.-

Last edited by kaeaja; 01-30-2014 at 06:39 AM.
Captain
# 6
01-30-2014, 06:38 AM
LOL

Something that isnt overpoweredlikecrazybecauseitliterallyfiredtorpedo sthatlookedexactlylikeimtypingrightnow is now crud because of that?

God im just gonna walk out of this thread laughing my ass off.

Everything is OP, plz nerf
Fleet Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Commander
# 7
01-30-2014, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
LOL

Something that isnt overpoweredlikecrazybecauseitliterallyfiredtorpedo sthatlookedexactlylikeimtypingrightnow is now crud because of that?

God im just gonna walk out of this thread laughing my ass off.
Overpowered? This torpedo was never overpowered at all, its steady stream of shots is what made it viable, now its not gonna be...cause if all you can fire is 1 shot every 6 seconds then its pathetically weak compared to other torps that have the same 6 second cooldown but hit harder in that one shot...

This Torpedos strength comes from being able to sustain the dot, how is it going to accomplish that if its restricted by that 6 second recharge time?!

Last edited by kaeaja; 01-30-2014 at 06:45 AM.
Captain
# 8
01-30-2014, 06:45 AM
If something was broken, not working like they wanted it to, then can it really be called ruined? and "sustaining the dot" was not what the omega torp was about. Did you ever try launching it with heavy 3?

And as for complaining about the loss of the calendar, the dev's can make whatever changes to the game they want. Something you gotta live with.
Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
What's my position?
That people should know what they're screaming about!
(paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
Rihannsu
# 9
01-30-2014, 06:48 AM
I dont know the stats off the top of my head, but i thought the whole point was it fired weak torps very quickly. 6 seconds is not that fast now, compared to other tops so whats the point?

why does it even have charges at all if its got a normalish cooldown? or i am misreading this?

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 10
01-30-2014, 06:54 AM
Events like the shuttle Vault are just plain stupid, if you want an event to be enjoyable, at least make it possible to finish specially when you are in a Pug