Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
No surprise that the first page of this forum has multiple posts calling for both the nerfing and buffing of Klingons in pvp. After all, in the 10 years I've been playing MMOs, I've found that QQ about how other classes are better than the class played by the poster probably accounts for 85% of all forum posts. It doesn't matter if actual balance were actually achieved, one would still find an ocean of tears on the forums.

I find it interesting that we're all judging the game from the first few days of release, rather than taking the time to actually learn the game and see if there are balances and counters. I've personally found it interesting that the Fed Science Ship heals for significantly more than any other ship, Fed or Klingon, with not only the aux power based science powers, but the engineering powers and the engineering and science teams as well. This fact doesn't seem to be common knowledge, or at least I never see it mentioned. Frankly, it's a point of frustration for me that the Klingons don't have a good, solid support ship that has these innate healing buffs (I'm crossing my fingers for the carrier!). I'm guessing that this isn't the only surprise that the devs have left for us as we take the time to get to know our ships and our crews.

There is an unfortunate and severe dearth of information about anything in this game, it seems that the devs have decided that rather than document the actual effects of anything, they'll leave us to our own devices to fumble through and figure things out on our own. I personally find this frustrating. On the other hand, I find it difficult to pass judgement regarding game balance at this point, considering that despite having played from the first day of open beta and the headstart, I still know very little of how the game works.

The point of this ramble is, I'm hoping that we can see some good, old-fashioned theorycrafting here in the near future, sharing what we've learned of the game and building strategies from it. Unfortunately though, I have a feeling we're just in for a lot more QQ.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 04:11 AM
No. They just need to remove the CC (hold) altogether. It historically ruins PvP and does not follow the lore.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 04:12 AM
There has actually been some QQ that has made devs to change aspects of the game. IMO its stupid, a game should have its own internal testers and players. These guys balance the game not the random players who QQ 99% the time in Forums.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skolle
No surprise that the first page of this forum has multiple posts calling for both the nerfing and buffing of Klingons in pvp. After all, in the 10 years I've been playing MMOs, I've found that QQ about how other classes are better than the class played by the poster probably accounts for 85% of all forum posts. It doesn't matter if actual balance were actually achieved, one would still find an ocean of tears on the forums.

I find it interesting that we're all judging the game from the first few days of release, rather than taking the time to actually learn the game and see if there are balances and counters. I've personally found it interesting that the Fed Science Ship heals for significantly more than any other ship, Fed or Klingon, with not only the aux power based science powers, but the engineering powers and the engineering and science teams as well. This fact doesn't seem to be common knowledge, or at least I never see it mentioned. Frankly, it's a point of frustration for me that the Klingons don't have a good, solid support ship that has these innate healing buffs (I'm crossing my fingers for the carrier!). I'm guessing that this isn't the only surprise that the devs have left for us as we take the time to get to know our ships and our crews.

There is an unfortunate and severe dearth of information about anything in this game, it seems that the devs have decided that rather than document the actual effects of anything, they'll leave us to our own devices to fumble through and figure things out on our own. I personally find this frustrating. On the other hand, I find it difficult to pass judgement regarding game balance at this point, considering that despite having played from the first day of open beta and the headstart, I still know very little of how the game works.

The point of this ramble is, I'm hoping that we can see some good, old-fashioned theorycrafting here in the near future, sharing what we've learned of the game and building strategies from it. Unfortunately though, I have a feeling we're just in for a lot more QQ.

err...... plenty of ob experience here in the forums. the complaints aren't totally unfounded.

nothing has changed in balance from ob to now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 07:20 AM
Quote:
No. They just need to remove the CC (hold) altogether. It historically ruins PvP and does not follow the lore.
Yea, PvP would be wonderful if it consisted of nothing but skill-free facerolling damage spam. /sarcasm

As far as I'm concerned, space PvP needs more available CC (or at least have Viral Matrix not be so easily countered).

Ground PvP would likely benefit from more CC as well, just not the melee stunlocks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 07:34 AM
If you don't like holds, pick up sturdy or sure footed. It's a choice.

Holds are a little OP but should stay in the game. reduce duration in pvp and there are already immunity timers.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorac
If you don't like holds, pick up sturdy or sure footed. It's a choice.
I did. Didn't notice any difference at all, still got stunlocked all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokan View Post
I did. Didn't notice any difference at all, still got stunlocked all the time.
Hmm. I get held 'less'.

Now Neural Blast. That needs a nerfing. Snared...rooted.snared rooted snared root.can't even make it around a corner.

Now that I think about it...There needs to be anti CC consumable on a 2 min CD. This way people can break out of holds, but will still get held from time to time.