Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
There seems to be two positions missing at moment. Chief medical officer/doctor, number one and a counselor.

Doctor has always been a grand part o every series. A very charismatic figure they have been too and we dont have such an officer on our disposal. Doctor could be seen in the bridge and an possible member of away team in missions where you expect casualties or need to do healing etc. Doctor would not need a console on bridge/Console slot but instead add a "Sickbay" slot to ship below science, tactical and engineering consoles.

At later time there would be nice to have a sickbay too. Similar area like the bridge is. A doctor needs a real sickbay in some point of game, just as engineer needs an engineering But real sickbay is nothing to be rushed but doctor would really be gramd add to the game "feel" and also for game mechanics.

A doctor and aa sickbay slot could been used to manage how ships crew is healed in batle. It could give certain buffs like rafdiation resistances etc...

Counselor would be great for adding "buffs" for crew morale.. So to speak how they handle stress in batle. Counselor could have away team buffs such as reduced hold, slow etc or just a morale again. Counselor could be just a simple add to get minor bonuses on ships crew and away team.

Counselor could have a chair in bridge just like captain where he/she could "Give advices" etc.


Also what iwould be great is that we have an ability to choose "First officer"# for your vessel. First officer could be anyone of your bridge officers and first officer could have a minor ectra ability or minor bonus to her/his stats, skills or what ever but just a minor bonus.

Just some thoughts that have come to my mind while getting forward in game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2 Ping pong
02-03-2010, 07:15 AM
Gives thread a bit of bump
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-03-2010, 07:30 AM
Wait wait wait... you don't have a doctor? Turn on the EMH for pity's sake!

Seriously though, my setup is thus... On the bridge I've got 2 tactical officers, a Vulcan LT who is my defacto number one, and a human ensign for my helm. My ship engineer ('think Laforge') mans his console in the engine room unless I ask him to come to the bridge ("beam to bridge"). And finally, there is a crazy alien science officer Starfleet assigned to me to forge better relations with he/she/its species. (seriously, it's pink, with spots, a beard, and pointy-ears... and something I can only describe as a built in crown. Normally, I would have ordered cosmetic surgery before reporting for duty, but this was just "wow").

For my away team I've got a second science officer as my "ship doctor," who can heal, and a second engineer whose my "chief." I supplement those with either both of my tactical officers, or a tactical officer and my bridge science officer.

It's a tight little ship full of junior officers, ready to preform above and beyond the call of duty... or whatever
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despriox
Wait wait wait... you don't have a doctor? Turn on the EMH for pity's sake!

Seriously though, my setup is thus... On the bridge I've got 2 tactical officers, a Vulcan LT who is my defacto number one, and a human ensign for my helm. My ship engineer ('think Laforge') mans his console in the engine room unless I ask him to come to the bridge ("beam to bridge"). And finally, there is a crazy alien science officer Starfleet assigned to me to forge better relations with he/she/its species. (seriously, it's pink, with spots, a beard, and pointy-ears... and something I can only describe as a built in crown. Normally, I would have ordered cosmetic surgery before reporting for duty, but this was just "wow").

For my away team I've got a second science officer as my "ship doctor," who can heal, and a second engineer whose my "chief." I supplement those with either both of my tactical officers, or a tactical officer and my bridge science officer.

It's a tight little ship full of junior officers, ready to preform above and beyond the call of duty... or whatever
Sounds like you have a good crew growing up

My doctor at moment is Betazoid science officer. EMH is offline and sickbay on construction for doctor to arrive. Number one is Vulcan male called Vol. i suspect he has human in his green blood as he does not sound so Vulcan all the time. A chief engineer is human male, black, has visor buthis name is not Geordi Then my tactical officer is Klingon male who really should learn some manners, ibut he is Klingon. What can you expect

besides that i would love to have something visual for those also and some more officers for my ship. And something useful for these titles also rather than just imagining all which i need to do lot in this phase of game
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-03-2010, 08:23 AM
You can make a Science Officer to be your doctor. After all, they wear the same type of uniform and Science BOs have a lot of doctor-related skills.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephane
You can make a Science Officer to be your doctor. After all, they wear the same type of uniform and Science BOs have a lot of doctor-related skills.
I know that sir, but science officer is still just a science officer. Starfleet ships usually have separate chief medical officer/doctor. And also a sickbay.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-03-2010, 09:28 AM
This sounds good to me. Though I could honestly do without the counselor part. Maybe on cruisers, but it just doenst make sense to me for an escort type of ship. I would love a sickbay slot for a dedicated medical officer, which could be an EMH until you get one that you like. I would also really like a first officer slot for each ship. It could be a generic slot that can be filled be any class of officer. If you want a science officer to be your number one, so be it. Same for tactical, or engineer. It just gives more customization and variety. Are you a science officer on a science ship, maybe you want a tactical officer as your XO to give you some increased DPS or an Engineer as your XO to increase your survivability. Besides arent all the bird of prey type ships full of generic slots? It cant be that hard to add just one slot of this nature to the fed ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotimus View Post
This sounds good to me. Though I could honestly do without the counselor part. Maybe on cruisers, but it just doenst make sense to me for an escort type of ship. I would love a sickbay slot for a dedicated medical officer, which could be an EMH until you get one that you like. I would also really like a first officer slot for each ship. It could be a generic slot that can be filled be any class of officer. If you want a science officer to be your number one, so be it. Same for tactical, or engineer. It just gives more customization and variety. Are you a science officer on a science ship, maybe you want a tactical officer as your XO to give you some increased DPS or an Engineer as your XO to increase your survivability. Besides arent all the bird of prey type ships full of generic slots? It cant be that hard to add just one slot of this nature to the fed ships.
Good ideas you have too I think that counselor will be the leasst wanted officer but still it has been part of starfleet ships. Voyager and dear EMH trying to be a counselor proves that doctors are doctors not counselors
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9 Besides...
02-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Doctor is only one on the ship who can give orders to captain.

By the way.. When we get our command decisions?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-04-2010, 03:26 PM
They should add a space to put in front of the character's name. At least we can identify to our self who is who. Like in front of my science officer, I'd put Dr. to distinguish him/her as the ship doctor.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:42 PM.