Lt. Commander
In game when you scan using the tricorder it just looks for the nearest object be it anomaly or dater of your next objective (i think it dose) but what i think would be good is the option to change the settings!

open up a new menu in game and change what your looking for be it anomalies or life forms, energy readings and the next objective

And with the different classes having different types

Science better looking for life forms

Tactical better at isolating enemy targets (could be useful for Stealth)

Engineering better at using consoles and deactivating weapons/shields

Plus you could also upgrade it with parts!

so no new tricorders but modular parts! that ppl could make using skills
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Ah, so yo mean add more options to the scan.. that could be useful.

Currently I use scan quite a bit to find objectives, especially in places like asteroid fields or cargo bays.

Wouldn't mind seeing some more functionality added to it. OHH, what about being able to scan a targetted life form and get a quip about their species? I had to google a race I ran into last night because I couldn't figure out why they looked like blue borg.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 12:13 PM
That's a great idea collecting data could reward you with exploration points
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 12:19 PM
One thing that is kind of annoying is it seems to stop looking for objectives if there are no more anomolies in the area. Hopefully that will get changed. It definitely is a nice addition rather than having to run around looking.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 12:22 PM
I've never had it stop looking for objectives if all the 'anomalies' are gone... It will SAY 0 anomalies but the blue scan beam will still point at the next interactive object.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoriz
I've never had it stop looking for objectives if all the 'anomalies' are gone... It will SAY 0 anomalies but the blue scan beam will still point at the next interactive object.
Same, I actually really like that part of the functionality.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Same here but it really bugs me when it just points to anything!

The one mission it would keep pointing to ppl who needed help ok if i wanted to help them but i just wanted to get to the next fight!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 12:26 PM
at the most I think something like organic, energy or matter reading should be used. I don't necessarily want a drop down allowing me a half dozen selections, but even in cannon lore you were able to read for something general like that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 12:30 PM
it should have a quick select button but more depth for ppl who want it like me
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Would love for scan to customizable. And it should be based on some sort of skill.