Lt. Commander
Please PLEASE PLEASE!! Put a cancel button on the connecting to log in Screen that always seems to happen once or twice when i relog. That will mean i don't have to sit and wait for a timeout when i know thats whats going to happen 3 mins later.

Please bump and sign this thread as I am sure you suffer as I do, and if a dev would reply it would be fantastic to see a sign of caring on any of these posts.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 06:52 AM
Play in windowed mode. Your cancel button will be the little red x in the upper right corner.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 06:56 AM
The long timeout is most likely intentional to prevent people from hammering the servers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
Play in windowed mode. Your cancel button will be the little red x in the upper right corner.
I don't want to play in windowed mode; I would however like to abort a connection attempt that I know is going to timeout in five minutes' time without having to wait that five minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 07:14 AM
I've once recommended that a button to return to the login screen be made available on every loading screen. it was a feature present in Everquest 2 that I really appreciated. So, this has my support.

Now if only they could put the animated loading screens back in...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 07:22 AM
I agree, we need at a cancel button of sorts.

I've tried to zone into an instance, got about 10% loaded then big red 'DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER' appeared at the top of the loading screen. No buttons, escape didn't work, so I figured I'd grab a snack while waiting to time out. Came back 4-5 minutes later and nothing had changed. Good ol ctrl + shift + esc -> end task fixed that.

In fact I really am annoyed at the lack of interaction with the game itself. No indication your are lagged out in space other than the fact you are stuck moving at 1/4 impulse regardless of what you were doing before, can only fire torps that have no effect and turn at the rate you would when stopped. Ground combat is the same. I walk half way across DS9 and wonder why the window doesn't pop up in front of a merchent only to be rubberbanded back to the zone in point with no idea whatsoever I was lagging. During these laggy moments you can't even log out / back in. Have to shut it down compeltely or sit around hoping for it to fix itself or get DC'd.