Lt. Commander
# 1 Any tips for Science build
02-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Any have a nice PvP/PvE for federation build as a Science ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Uh... well what skills do you want to have, which weapons do you want to use and what class is your captain? And which Tier 5 ship do you want to use?

Without knowing that, its impossible to give a suggestion.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 10:18 PM
In T5 i whas planning to use Deep Space Science vessel.

Phasers or somekind of beems maby arm whit some quantum and mines.
What i seen Science wessle canot have any heavy weapons this i use now only use beams.
My capten is Science capten
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 06:26 AM
/bump
10 chars
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 07:08 AM
Weapon layout is probably easiest to cover, as a science vessel goes it will have three (3) fore and three (3) aft weapon slots (Unless in the sixth tier Cryptic gives us more)

Fore:
Torpedo
Beam Weapon
Second Torpedo or Second Beam weapon or Mine layer

Aft:
Torpedo or Mine Layer (depending on play style)
Beam Weapon
Turret or second beam weapon

How you set up your weapons depends on your play style, are you going to fly in close and mix it up or circle the battle buffing and healing allies and occasionally firing into the fray ?

Science vessels can only utilize turrets, they cannot mount cannons, it is also good to have a mix of weapons rather than just all one type. What type of weapon you use is up to you there's phaser, plasma, disrupter each having their own color and damage rating. If your using turrets you can set them to auto-fire and they keep firing as long as their is a target. They don't do massive amounts of damage but is is consistent damage.

As far as skills and tactics you may want to read up on what type of abilities your Bridge Officers and ship Captain will get. For me I like using Jam Sensors and Tractor Beam. After you've read what you will be able to do someone will be able to help you contour where to spend you points and focus on the skills you like
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 10:26 AM
I am going for Healing side.

Hazard seems to be some use and science team seems to be the second thing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 10:31 AM
I can't comment on end game stuff but as of right now I've been focusing more on having:

Fore:
Disruptor/Phaser array
Photon torpedo

Aft:
2 arrays.

I find as of now this works the best for me, allowing me to not worry as much about arcs and still able to fire on a majority of targets (also gives me 2 guns when fleeing or trying to stay infront of a target). I prefer the photon torps for their higher dps.

I found mines to be a nusiance as they would often hit things I didn't want them to and having explosions take them out.

As of now I like the disruptors because the seem to hit hull harder.

As for powers, I've been running both science and engineering team I, and transfer shields I. (The ideal to me being transfer shields II and science team III down the road. Photonic officer sounds like it can be good, but I don't have it yet.

Tykens rift seems like it could be good, and if not it looks cool enough for me to keep using it. Not sure about tachyon beam at full power.

Id suggest planning on using a few types of officers, ones that heal, ones to debuff as well so you can swap as needed