Lt. Commander
# 21
02-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Starfleet Command vet from the SFC 1 days. Most if not all of the XC fleet are Starfleet Command vets.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetCaptainGarth View Post
Definitely not a lot of masterful maneuvering, no. Pretty much just keep clicking your "fire all weapons" tab and keep circling to minimize shield damage until you get an opening to put your torpedoes into. Not much else to manage or pay attention to.
I know that's where it's heading; and it seems like it will be getting monotonous. In SFC, it was fun doing that same tactic against a bigger ship when you were in a frigate. But in STO, it seems like you will be going this tactic in every ship class you use.

You remember in SFC, changing up your tactic when you got in a big ship like a battle ship. The little *******s kept runnig circles around you, but you can just ensnare them in a tractor beam and pound away.

I really miss the little nuances of SFC, like knowing when to cut power to the engines to have that power diverted to the shields.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storvick
Starfleet Command vet from the SFC 1 days. Most if not all of the XC fleet are Starfleet Command vets.
Not familiar. I wasn't part of any fleets in any of the SFC games.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Yep, I played the heck out of these games, as I loved the PnP game they sprang from, Star Fleet Battles. Still remember getting the original "Deluxe" boxed set of SFB for my 12th birthday.

If the Klingons ever get a D5, cya Federation, I'm off to the other side - that was my favorite SFB/Starfleet Command ship.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numba_I_AssAssiN
II really miss the little nuances of SFC, like knowing when to cut power to the engines to have that power diverted to the shields.
Ah yes...and knowing when to use those splatter packs and wild weasels, decoy plasma, etc.

Lol, I remember once I was playing the original SFC with someone online. I was playing Fed, him Romulan. Little ******* waited until I was nice and close to a black hole then alpha'd his whole plasma payload on me. I, like a dumbass, dropped a wild weasel thinking "Oh I've got your Rommie a$$ now!" and drifted right into the hole! But hey...lesson learned.

Always hated that they took the black holes out when they made SFC2...
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Yes!

Played them all, loved SFC3

I was on the metaverse under the name Randuil if anyone knew me, i used to fly around in a defiant.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Still play SFC:OP on my own, using my D-10 as preferred ship. The community support for the game was amazing.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-03-2010, 02:09 PM
I used to play SFC-II alot offline.

I even got the tool for editing ship models/textures and did a little kitbashing/ship editing (some of those F-DNs were UUUUUGLY)

I was always attracted most to the Hydrans for some reason (something to do with the ship design language. I liked it), though I occasionally played Mirak and Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Yes, Acidrain former player of SFC3 series and ex-modder of SFC3.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agamemnon_b5 View Post
Player I, II, and III. Gotta say, the Romulan Firehawk from I is my favorite non-starfleet vessel in any of the games.
I actually modified the game data so I could get FHAs (Llaiir'Dhaels) earlier seeing that the AI could pilot them and not the players.