Lt. Commander
# 31
02-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetCaptainGarth View Post
Definitely not a lot of masterful maneuvering, no. Pretty much just keep clicking your "fire all weapons" tab and keep circling to minimize shield damage until you get an opening to put your torpedoes into. Not much else to manage or pay attention to.
I agree with this assessment!
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goroxx
Yep, I played the heck out of these games, as I loved the PnP game they sprang from, Star Fleet Battles. Still remember getting the original "Deluxe" boxed set of SFB for my 12th birthday.

If the Klingons ever get a D5, cya Federation, I'm off to the other side - that was my favorite SFB/Starfleet Command ship.
SFB Vet here too, but I was one of those nasty Andromedans (go ahead, shoot at me. My Power Absorbers are empty...)
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-03-2010, 06:46 PM
3rd Fleet Achilles here, SFC 1-3, and vetran SFB player frmo the pocket edition days!
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-03-2010, 08:01 PM
I bought a copy of SFB when I was 12 but never found anyone with the patience to learn how to play I had the good fortune of running across SFC when it first came out. Just about burst when I saw that it was based on this old pen and paper game I so desperately wanted to play when I was a kid.

Those of you that played SFB, how did SFC measure up to your expectations?
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-24-2010, 02:31 PM
SFC was a great replacement for SFB, it never got as fully developed as it could have been and my hopes are that this MMO will expand on what SFC brought to the table and more, over time. In the military SFB replaced AD&D for us