Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaigen42 View Post
Hmm, the link doesn't work for me at the moment. Is the document still up?
Link is up and working, I see people viewing it
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Hi Gennie,

Can i ask what particular Photon Torpedos and Personal MK II Shields you crafted? I'm trying to figure out if its a progressive "credit" based system, which is to say certain crafts mean more than others. Or it might be that samples are the key? That the rarer the sample amount in a given craft, the more you advance to unlocking the next tier?

*I wanted to PM this question but it seems the email system is down.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivra
Hi Gennie,

Can i ask what particular Photon Torpedos and Personal MK II Shields you crafted? I'm trying to figure out if its a progressive "credit" based system, which is to say certain crafts mean more than others. Or it might be that samples are the key? That the rarer the sample amount in a given craft, the more you advance to unlocking the next tier?

*I wanted to PM this question but it seems the email system is down.
All the Photon Torpedos I bought were Crit Chance ones, except for 1, that single one was Critical Severity. All of the Mark II Shields were the ones with the 171 Shield Cap. From speculation across all the threads in the forum, and the source link from my first post, we are assuming that unlocking the next tier is dependent on the amount of Light Blue Data Samples (Unknown Alloy, Biological Sample, Antimatter Sample).
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Looking at this thread and the others, it seems to be the magic number of the Light Blue Data Samples (Unknown Alloy, Biological Sample, Antimatter Sample) is about 75 each. I wonder if this is the only requirement (meaning it doesn't matter how many of the Red Data Samples you trade).

Can someone try to test this theory by trying to unlock T2 without buying any Large Hypo's and/or Large Power Cells and keep track of how many of the Light Blue Data Samples they trade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gennie
All the Photon Torpedos I bought were Crit Chance ones, except for 1, that single one was Critical Severity. All of the Mark II Shields were the ones with the 171 Shield Cap. From speculation across all the threads in the forum, and the source link from my first post, we are assuming that unlocking the next tier is dependent on the amount of Light Blue Data Samples (Unknown Alloy, Biological Sample, Antimatter Sample).
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachian View Post
...Can someone try to test this theory by trying to unlock T2 without buying any Large Hypo's and/or Large Power Cells and keep track of how many of the Light Blue Data Samples they trade?
It looks like Gennie is the lowest amount so far with only using 55 of each the Light Blue Data Samples, which is a big difference to ScouseSandwich who used 75. ( 165 total vs. 225 total.) So maybe 50 each might be a safe limit?

(personall i'm hoping for 25 which althought tedious, sounds reasonable if you do exploration missions consistently)
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-03-2010, 03:41 PM
updated notes
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Writing section now on T2
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-03-2010, 08:04 PM
pretty damn sure the limit is 180 blues so 60 of each, number kept popping up when asking what people been trading and then adding it all up.

hope this helps people

Kenetor
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-03-2010, 08:34 PM
This is great ito print out and keep on my desk. Thanks for all your work on this!

I've been to Memory Alpha twice before, and left with absolutely nothing both times. I always seem to be missing at least one thing that I need to make something.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-04-2010, 05:46 AM
Check latest release notes, they have lowered item anomaly requirements to unlock Tier2:
http://www.startrekonline.com/node/1027