Lt. Commander
So I just read through this thread, very helpful first post btw Now, with all the updates for crafting it was very easy to get to 500/500 in each area. However what's next? Is that it? I have these special bound data samples that I have no idea what to do with. Is there something that tells what they are for and how to use them?
Lt. Commander
# 52
11-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairedan View Post
So I just read through this thread, very helpful first post btw Now, with all the updates for crafting it was very easy to get to 500/500 in each area. However what's next? Is that it? I have these special bound data samples that I have no idea what to do with. Is there something that tells what they are for and how to use them?
Well, at 500, each section unlocks an advanced level with 500 more points. An upcoming patch is planned to include purple gear at the top end of that, not many real details there.

The rare samples are currently only for the scanner minigame accolades. I'm sure I'm not the only person whose hoarded them all, just in case they're ever more than they are now.
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-02-2010, 02:33 AM
No you aren't. i have 9/10 of them, and multiples of several.

I found going for the accolades for the exploration missions (Explore unknown systems in the Delta Volanis Cluster, for example) gave plenty opportunity to collect samples. I'm currently 12/15 for the Delta Volanis accolade, and have 80-100 of all the different red anomaly items, plus quite a few blues. I imagine I'll get the higher level crafting stuff as I progress onto other sectors.
Lt. Commander
# 54 beyond Advanced R&D....
11-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Thnx for the input. I too have hoarded all the data samples I have come across with the exception of a few that I ended up with several stacks of 99, which I sold on the exchange for much less than was the going rate. I have 5 characters so far (2 klingon BG, 2 Fed Adm, 1 Fed Cpt) and combined the samples of the Feds onto one bank and used him to max out in R&D. I am hoping that the update for the crafting comes soon and they give us a good reason to have kept all the rare data samples (creating some purple items would be uber).