Lt. Commander
# 1 Email spam/gold spam
02-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Sorry but I had no other way of posting this elsewhere and I sent email to the web master. However, I believe that in-game mail is tied directly to the website/forum mail. I get gold spam mail on a daily basis and I am sick of it. Furthermore, for you dip **** gold spammers there is no damn gold in the game! I have my forum/web settings for admin's only to receive. Yet, again, I get daily gold spam to my inbox. If the in-game mail is also directly tied to the site/forum mail system this needs to be addressed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 08:39 AM
I too am finding this stogold spam emails ridiculous. I'd love a way to easily report them on the forums. I hope that the folks in this community will not encourage the growth of these 'gold' sellers.

Hopefully STO finds a good way to get rid of all these farmers and sellers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Unfortunately the only way to get rid of these guys would be if everyone agreed to NEVER buy gold (Or energy credits or whatever) and stick to that agreement.

Of course that's never going to happen because there's always going to be people out there who are willing to pay real money to get ahead in the game. As long as people are buying gold, farmers will be farming it.

If you really want to attack the problem, forget about chasing down every gold farmer in the world, instead make an aggressive and public attack on players who buy gold. Make legitimate players so afraid of being permabanned that the thought of buying gold becomes taboo. Once that happens the farmers will go to another game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Yes this is very annoying I had over 60 spam messages in my mailbox when Logged in all from companies selling credits.

I think you guys need to add an option to allow mail ONLY from people on your friends list (That way if someone wasn't on your friends list and tried to send you a mail it would fail and say "This user only accepts mail from people on his/her friend list"), Have this optional that way those whom don't want to use it don't have to but those who do (Like myself) can because this credit selling companies are out of control.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 09:05 AM
this ****es me off aswell, not so much the messages, every game has farmers/sellers, but i want to be able to report/block them from the mail message on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Cryptic could add a spam button feature and it could be handled in such a way that if x amount of complaints are received within a 12 - 24 hour period, then Cryptic could shut down the user's ability to send mail. The account could be investigated in the meantime to establish motive, and possible suspension. Just an idea...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Do these STOgold guys work for Cryptic? I have "Only friends and admins" turned on for E-mail and unless STOgold works for them, I shouldn't be receiving e-mails from them. Cryptic, please fix this. Damn farmers.