Lt. Commander
# 1 srsly? 3 char slots?
02-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Don't know the reason behind this, and I really don't care... DDO is free and that's round-abouts how many char slots it gives ya... please don't tell me I gotta buy more...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherio
Don't know the reason behind this, and I really don't care... DDO is free and that's round-abouts how many char slots it gives ya... please don't tell me I gotta buy more...
The reason... thats simple... $... they are trying to get as much money out of this game as possible
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 09:02 AM
I tink three is a fair amount. As long as the fee to add more is reasonable then Im not worried about it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 09:03 AM
3 slots makes sense to me given the gameplay. There are only 3 'classes' after all. Lifetime gets 2 more I think. Not sure if the 1yr folks get any extra or not.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanid
I tink three is a fair amount. As long as the fee to add more is reasonable then Im not worried about it.
I don't see how it can be reasonable to charge any fee for additional character slots. How much does it cost Cryptic to store 20 kb of information? A tenth of a penny? The only conceivable reason for charging a fee for more than three character slots is pure greed.

Overall I think the level of capitalism in this game is approaching satire, almost like being on Ferenginar and having to pay ten slips of latinum just to use the elevator instead of the stairs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugath View Post
The reason... thats simple... $... they are trying to get as much money out of this game as possible
In actual fact, according to the developers it's because they have quite a complicated data model, and the character limit is intended to constrain the amount of space each user takes up in the database.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 09:10 AM
I would say 4 would be correct, 3 "classes" and then one PvP (KDF). But unforntalty its a money thing. Once somebody found out they could charge for more slots.. well, as a game maker in a game format (MMO) where new games are gone in a year, wouldnt you? Get the money when you can.

Tell me one good reason for fewer slots? Server space? Cant buy that one, just not (in todays age and HD sizes) a good excuse.

Only ones i can think of that are "ok".

less slots, people actually play a character and move up in levels.

and bad reason but legit:

CASH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 09:12 AM
I'm so glad that you think 3 is enough because I do not. I like to char create as much as the next person but I'm fairly bummed out that I have to delete chars I've made in order to do something new or to make a new char style. Forgive me for being creative.

sorry, Just something that instantly grabbed my attention for the negative in this game... thought I'd post it on the feedback forums, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. I spend enough money on games anyway, particularly games with monthly subscription fees. I dont think it's too much asking for at least 5 char slots, since those are the only slots you get.

With so much character customization it really deflated what I thought this game was going to be when I noticed I could only have 3 characters.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 09:14 AM
The bottom line is, how many $millions in net profit is this game expected to make?

If it's more than one, then when Cryptic tells you they have to charge a fee for anything to offset operational costs, that is a lie.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karv
In actual fact, according to the developers it's because they have quite a complicated data model, and the character limit is intended to constrain the amount of space each user takes up in the database.
According to Pat Robertson, the earthquake in Haiti was caused by their pact with the devil.

I'm not 100% sure I buy either explanation.