Lt. Commander
# 1 way to skip tutorial?
02-03-2010, 08:08 AM
anyway to skip tutorial? good once. but dont need for 2nd character.
thx
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Not that I am aware of. Currently you have to do it for each character.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTR455
anyway to skip tutorial? good once. but dont need for 2nd character.
thx
On one hand I agree that repeating the tutorial is a pain in the butt, but I've played other games where new players could skip the tutorial then they get ****ed when they find that no one wants to take them by the hand and teach them everything they would have learned if they had done the tutorial in the first place.

So in the grand scheme of things I find not being able to skip the tutorial the lesser evil.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith_Snipe
On one hand I agree that repeating the tutorial is a pain in the butt, but I've played other games where new players could skip the tutorial then they get ****ed when they find that no one wants to take them by the hand and teach them everything they would have learned if they had done the tutorial in the first place.

So in the grand scheme of things I find not being able to skip the tutorial the lesser evil.
dont want to skip with FIRST

but want to skip with additional charcaters....
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 08:34 AM
I am sure they will add a way , you could skip it in coh
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serondar
I am sure they will add a way , you could skip it in coh
And you can't skip it in Champions. Both games were made by Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
And you can't skip it in Champions. Both games were made by Cryptic.
You were able to skip it in Champions last time I played over Halloween, as long as you'd done it before I think.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTR455
dont want to skip with FIRST

but want to skip with additional charcaters....
I understand, and I wouldn't mind being able to do it myself. I was just saying that while I agree with you I can see the advantage of forcing each character to go thru it.

For example I'm pretty sure Cryptic is aware that there are going to be subscribers that will be letting friends/family members share the same account. They have no way of knowing exactly who is logging on to play so if Mom or Dad decide to let Junior roll up his own character, then Junior is going to have to go thru the tutorial and learn the basics.

The same scenario goes for friends/GF-BF's. They may be interested in trying out STO and someone will let them roll up a character to try out the game. When they do they will have to go thru the tutorial and again learn the basics.

We'd all love to think that they would get their friends a free trial but that isn't going to happen all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treksplorer
You were able to skip it in Champions last time I played over Halloween, as long as you'd done it before I think.
Really? Thanks for that info. I haven't made any new CO characters so I was unaware of that change.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
I understand, and I wouldn't mind being able to do it myself. I was just saying that while I agree with you I can see the advantage of forcing each character to go thru it.

For example I'm pretty sure Cryptic is aware that there are going to be subscribers that will be letting friends/family members share the same account. They have no way of knowing exactly who is logging on to play so if Mom or Dad decide to let Junior roll up his own character, then Junior is going to have to go thru the tutorial and learn the basics.

The same scenario goes for friends/GF-BF's. They may be interested in trying out STO and someone will let them roll up a character to try out the game. When they do they will have to go thru the tutorial and again learn the basics.

We'd all love to think that they would get their friends a free trial but that isn't going to happen all the time.
every character is the same while tutorial, so what are you talking about?!