Lt. Commander
I'm so tired of giving all my energy credits to aid the planet missions in B'tran. The last couple of days I've done so many that I'm now out of cash. And I keep selling the stuff they give me but it doesn't cover the loss I get from having to replicate all those things they want. Every third or fourth mission I get are these missions and I'm so tired of having to leave them because it's a no win scenario giving them all my hard earned money.

Can't something be done about the prices for the stuff they request so it more closely match with the worth of the items they give us? It's not like I have Starfleet or the Federation covering my expenses like they should.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
I'm so tired of giving all my energy credits to aid the planet missions in B'tran. The last couple of days I've done so many that I'm now out of cash. And I keep selling the stuff they give me but it doesn't cover the loss I get from having to replicate all those things they want. Every third or fourth mission I get are these missions and I'm so tired of having to leave them because it's a no win scenario giving them all my hard earned money.

Can't something be done about the prices for the stuff they request so it more closely match with the worth of the items they give us? It's not like I have Starfleet or the Federation covering my expenses like they should.
Just go to where they sell stuff cheap buy a bunch and keep some stacks of commodities in your bank. You don't have to replicate it all on the spot. It's much cheaper to go to go wholesale. You can ask the broker on DS9 which commodities to stock for B'Tran.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Why not just leave the system when you get an "aid the planet" scenario? You aren't forced to do them and you can always save them for another day when you have enough of the item you need
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-04-2010, 11:39 AM
It's a trade-off.

You basically have three options.

One, you find out what commodity the planet wants, then you go get it for as cheap as you can find it. The downside here is the amount of running around you'll have to do. You probably aren't going to find it cheap enough to offset the cost of buying it versus the value of the reward you get. You'll only lose less.

Two, you bank commodities. This takes up room in Inventory and/or your Bank. Since it is possible to find out what commodities are in demand before you enter an exploration zone, you should only need to carry three stacks of commodities at a time. The downside is that you'll have to keep track of what commodities are in demand where and make sure to keep the right ones in your inventory. Another downside is that you have limited Inventory and Bank slots, so you can't stock too many or you won't have room for the really valuable stock. You can stock them as you find them and only buy what you have to.

Three, you replicate them. Yes, the cost of doing so is high. But I'm not using up valuable inventory slots and I'm not having to waste time running around to gather the commodities. As my play time is limited, I normally choose the replication route.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahm_bomb View Post
Why not just leave the system when you get an "aid the planet" scenario? You aren't forced to do them and you can always save them for another day when you have enough of the item you need
Ah, but don't forget Diplomacy XP. Aid the Planet is one of the few ways available to collect it, and it's definitely the fastest. If you want diplomatic rank, you don't have a whole lot of choice.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Ah, but don't forget Diplomacy XP. Aid the Planet is one of the few ways available to collect it, and it's definitely the fastest. If you want diplomatic rank, you don't have a whole lot of choice.
Yes, we're not exactly swimming in missions that give DXP and this is one of them. Our inventory isn't a bottomless pit so only this much fits in it. In fact is seems less spacey then a small studio apartment.

The Foundry will not create ant missions with DXP if it is as said only going to make missions like those that were in the game at launch. DXP was added later so this means the number of missions that gives you DXP will not be the same amount of percent it is today. I would have been a Federation Ambassador by now if I had as much credits I needed to replicate or buy commodities to all the Planet Aids I've skipped due to lack of funds or space.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-04-2010, 12:53 PM
keep in mind, the Aid the planet missions also draw from commodities in your bank, you don't have to keep them in your inventory all the time. And IIRC B'Tran only uses 3 types of commodities. so you don't need to stock alot.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
keep in mind, the Aid the planet missions also draw from commodities in your bank, you don't have to keep them in your inventory all the time. And IIRC B'Tran only uses 3 types of commodities. so you don't need to stock alot.
Didn't know that the bank could be used for this. Don't have any money left to buy for the bank either but I can stop doing the B'Tran missions for a while to earn some more.

Still it's kind of strange the whole set-up. I mean, wouldn't Planetary Aids be something that the Federation or Starfleet would finance? Not the commanding officer on the ship that happen to go there?
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
Didn't know that the bank could be used for this. Don't have any money left to buy for the bank either but I can stop doing the B'Tran missions for a while to earn some more.

Still it's kind of strange the whole set-up. I mean, wouldn't Planetary Aids be something that the Federation or Starfleet would finance? Not the commanding officer on the ship that happen to go there?
If you don't mind me asking what have you been doing with your credits? I have 6 characters doing B'trans (3 RAs, 3 VAs) and the lowest amount of credits on any of them is 2.2 million. One of my VAs has over 40 million. It seems odd that your admiral would be too broke for AtP missions.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-05-2010, 02:26 AM
There needs to be more commodity drops in the game for Federation players, and eliminate them entirely for the Klingons. Also, when commodities drop, there should be a stack of two or three of them at once instead of just one.

For Fed players, I would recommend completeing the Defari Outpost 3 daily mini-mission. Either you collect items from the defari transports as per the mission, or you get them from breen ships in that area.