# 41
02-01-2014, 06:11 PM
I like this. Say good bye to your spam!

Visit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Akurie369?feature=watch
or, follow me on FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bi-Sh...70769523107039
Starfleet Veteran
# 42
02-01-2014, 06:57 PM
I love the idea of kits being separated into interchangeable segments, with five slots for them. However, I don't like the idea of making special devices into kit segments all that much; I'd rather they not do that with current items like the Featured Episode rewards.

There's a possibility with this system that I'm very curious about. Special, cross-class bonus kit segments. For example, a version of Sonic Pulse which can be used even by an engineering or tactical officer, a grenade that could also be used by a science or engineering officer, or a machine which could also be used by a tactical or science officer.

This would add some interesting possibilities for players who can get such items, such as a tactical officer with training as a field medic. Of course, these abilities would require the same kit slots as other, same-class abilities. Hopefully it would be possible to balance it due to this.
Captain
# 43
02-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Absolutely agree that the NCD's should REMAIN Devices.

It would be a bit odd that the Prophets grant us a "mini-orb" that can magically slot into a device designed by my factions scientists.

I'd much rather it be something I keep in my pocket, let my Kit be exclusive to Kit abilities.

Even if it's adjusted to be a "Customizable" slot, it should still be things like turret fabrication or stealth module.
Captain
# 44
02-01-2014, 07:09 PM
I love that. I wonder what they will do with "unique" kit, and I hope they'll have something for them. maybe buying them will "unlock" new skill/slot, for example the plasmathrower for the engineer kit.
In every game I love spending hours making new build, trying things.

As for device, I beg you, keep them separate from kit slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoryfive View Post
There's a possibility with this system that I'm very curious about. Special, cross-class bonus kit segments. For example, a version of Sonic Pulse which can be used even by an engineering or tactical officer, a grenade that could also be used by a science or engineering officer, or a machine which could also be used by a tactical or science officer.
As much as I would love that, that would destroy the whole purpose of classes in the game, at least for the ground part. I know I would delete my engineers right away, and use my engi abilities on my tac instead. I never found the engineer space abilities interesting, opposed to the ground ones.

Captain
# 45
02-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Will this affect Tribbles?
Career Officer
# 46
02-01-2014, 07:44 PM
So uh, my tribbles aren't going to be taking up kit slots, right? Especially since I give them to my crew too, and they don't have kit slots...
# 47
02-01-2014, 07:45 PM
nice to see kits being broken up so you can pick and choose what abilities you want instead of premade kits.

Don't like stuff like shard of possibilities being made one of those abilities. should remain devices.
Captain Marrik Steele, USS Nike(Avenger)
Captain Lunamaria Hawke, IKS Eclipse(Varanus)
Commander Altair RRW Anduril(Ak'rif Warbird)
Starfleet Veteran
# 48
02-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
As much as I would love that, that would destroy the whole purpose of classes in the game, at least for the ground part. I know I would delete my engineers right away, and use my engi abilities on my tac instead. I never found the engineer space abilities interesting, opposed to the ground ones.
My idea was more that these cross-class kit pieces would be limited and not easy to get. Things like special mission rewards. Not all abilities would be available through this. You may only be able to slot one or two of them at a time, as well.
Commander
# 49
02-01-2014, 10:07 PM
NO to turning devices into kit slot abilities and NO to monetizing kits.
Riker has NO class
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-01-2014, 10:19 PM
I like the way it is now. Don't fix it, it's not broken.

But I don't think Cryptic cares and listens. If they were interested in our opinion, they'd run a poll.