Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Many people have now discovered the ability to change their weapon colors, but for those that are still wondering how to do this, I will provide this quick guide so you too can begin customizing your weapon colors.

For those that like this feature and want to use it, here is how it is done:

1. If you want to change Space weapons travel to space. To change Ground weapons, travel to ground.
2. The code you enter will apply to all equipped weapons. Un-equip any weapons that you do not want to color at this time, leaving only those weapons for which you wish to change the color.
3. In the chat window type the following: /powerhue 0 0-360 (Here, 0-360 is the color you are changing to. 0 is default, and all other numbers up to 360 are other colors. Here is a chart to help you choose: http://www.graphic-design.com/Photos...olor_wheel.jpg.)
4. Now, if you want to change the color of a different weapon, swap it into your equipped items and remove anything that is already colored.
5. Rinse and repeat.

This can also be a useful tool for coordinating attacks. For example, someone in the fleet or away team can have a specific color, and everyone else can focus-fire on his target

Have fun customizing your weapons!

Note:
There has been much discussion on if this ability should remain in the game, as it appears to not have been intended to be there at all. I personally donít see how itís any different from putting different parts of ships together to make your own ship, coloring your uniform a non-standard color, or even coloring your ship or avatar species pink. It is just another way to express yourself through customization and as such should not be removed in my opinion. Isn't Crypicís staple feature the level of customization options provided in their games? (and don't give us the "it's not canon" speech, cause none of these color options are canon.)

EDIT:
Some great ideas have been posted in this thread by people who enjoy the ability to change their weapon colors to improve the feature....
- An easier way to set individual weapon colors through a color chooser in the weapon interface.
- Use up a ship equipment slot to add something like a "Spectrum Tuning Arrays" that allow colors to be altered for a weapon.

Those that do not like the feature have had some ideas as well.....
-Lose it.

But so far the leading suggestion by consensus is.......
- Leave the feature in, and possibly even improve upon it, but include an option to turn off Custom FX on the client side for those players that do not wish to see the Custom Colors.

P.S.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR A FLAME WAR OR TO DISRESPECT PEOPLE'S OPINIONS
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 09:39 AM
I personally love running around with /powerhue 0 300

This is ultimately the best when PvPing some of the more terminally constipated members.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Is it weird that despite being offered this ability I actually like the default phaser color?

*shrug*

Ill admit I sometimes temporarily spice up my torpedoes a bit though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 09:43 AM
I have to say that on one level.. being able to customise colours is awesome, because you can make your entire fleet have a standard beam colour etc making it easy to focus fire..

On the other hand, people with pre-order specials are going to complain because their sexy blue weapons arn't so special anymore. I'm not personally.. because the pre-order weapons arn't that great frankly and id rather shoot blue regardless of my weapon. It basically makes "special" items not so special though.. and i'm not sure if Cryptic is going to like the devaluing of its special items in that way.

I think probably if you craft a new fancy weapon.. say upgrade a phaser bank II to a Phaser Bank II+special, THEN you should get to choose its new fangled colours, because its special.

Anyhooo.. it'll probably be patched shortly so I guess this is moot.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 09:43 AM
/powerhue 0 0 (DEFAULT COLORS)
/powerhue 0 50 (YELLOW)
/powerhue 0 100 (GREEN)
/powerhue 0 150 (AQUA)
/powerhue 0 200 (BLUE)
/powerhue 0 250 (PURPLE)
/powerhue 0 300 (PINK)
/powerhue 0 360 (RED)
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeHardLovin

On the other hand, people with pre-order specials are going to complain because their sexy blue weapons arn't so special anymore. I'm not personally.. because the pre-order weapons arn't that great frankly and id rather shoot blue regardless of my weapon. It basically makes "special" items not so special though.. and i'm not sure if Cryptic is going to like the devaluing of its special items in that way.
Really the specialness of the preorder is it is the only way to get TOS connie. The weapon being blue is simply being accurate to this ship.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Just as a FYI, there was a developer post yesterday noting that weapons colors being able to be changed is a bug and will be fixed soon. Leftover code from Champions Online where power colors were able to be set.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 09:51 AM
How do you reset it to the default colors?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthang
How do you reset it to the default colors?
to reset to default, type /powerhue 0 0
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verius
Just as a FYI, there was a developer post yesterday noting that weapons colors being able to be changed is a bug and will be fixed soon. Leftover code from Champions Online where power colors were able to be set.
Many people do not consider being able to customize their weapon color a "bug" and hopefully Cryptic will see this and reconsider removing the ability to do so.
Closed Thread