Lt. Commander
I'm hoping someone who had a similar experience can help me here. I have pre-orders from Amazon and a Gamestop. I want to activate both pre-order bonuses on one account, but I bought two so I can play with my wife on her account. How do I get my pre-order bonuses on one account without entering the retail key twice?

I'm referring to this exerpt from http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq

Q: Do the exclusive items stack? Can I get more than one thing?

A: Yes, different items stack. So if someone purchased multiple copies of the game from various retailers, he would receive all those items for EACH character created. Included playtime will still stack as well. However, the same bonus does not stack. So if someone purchases from Wal Mart twice, he cannot get two 500 point skill bonuses for the same character. (Each character will get one).
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 08:59 AM
I may be confused by your question but I don't think you can do what you want to do. Each code can only be used once. You can apply multiple codes to one account but you can't apply any of those codes to more than one account.

So if you have two accounts and two keys you only get one set of bonus items for each account. You would need an additional copy (key) to get the bonus items on a second account.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 09:06 AM
The bonus items are tied to the key entered on the account. And the items are account bound, so you can't transfer/sell them to other characters.

If you and your wife want to play, you will need to use one key and she will need to use the other key. And each of you will have the bonuses accociated with the key you used.

You just need to decide which pre-order bonuses you want most and put that key on your account. Then your wife gets the other.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Right or you have to buy another copy from the retailer that has the bonus items you don't have associated with your account.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 09:16 AM
If so, that makes me really mad. I stuck with Amazon all this time to apply the BO to my main account, even after they delayed my shipment twice and are now telling me it won't come until Feb 29. Now it's too late to go with the DDE which means I could play non-stop and used the pre-order bonuses. And since I've already applied my Gamestop key the my main account, it also means there is no way to reverse it.

I guess I should have waited before buying the lifetime sub...

Thank you all for your help.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblingBee
You just need to decide which pre-order bonuses you want most and put that key on your account. Then your wife gets the other.
Woah! I'm guessing you're not married, are you?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
If so, that makes me really mad. I stuck with Amazon all this time to apply the BO to my main account, even after they delayed my shipment twice and are now telling me it won't come until Feb 29. Now it's too late to go with the DDE which means I could play non-stop and used the pre-order bonuses. And since I've already applied my Gamestop key the my main account, it also means there is no way to reverse it.

I guess I should have waited before buying the lifetime sub...

Thank you all for your help.
Why is it too late to go with the DDE?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Yeah. DDE and pre order are two different things. You can still buy digital deluxe editions.

And besides, it's not like those who pre ordered and played in head start actually got our items early. We got our bonus items yesterday.

You really aren't missing out on anything really.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Right. The bonus items aren't invalidated by buying at release. They are a bonus for buying from that retailer. The only real bonus from buying early was Open Beta and Head Start. The items should still be there for you if you buy them now.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Interesting. Thank you for this clarification. Let me see if it's too late to cancel my Amazon pre-order.