Lt. Commander
The report spam option is great, but I've always thought it's a bit sad how game companies have to lose money from the lost subs that all the gold spammers pay.

So here's what I propose. Set up a hidden, "mirror image", version of the game... it could be called, oh I dunno, HoneyPot or something . It's impossible for people to tell when they're in the honey pot, as it's an exact mirror of the game, only the people in the real game have no awareness of those in the honey pot.

If someone is flagged by enough people as being a spammer they could get auto placed in the honey pot, and that way the spammers have no idea if they're annoying people or not, Cryptic still gets money from them, and we don't get hassled! Everyone wins! Except the spammers of course.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Hrmm...
02-03-2010, 10:05 AM
On second thought I realize that my overly complicated description is exactly the same thing as making spammers invisible . Anyway I still think it's a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fLithm View Post
The report spam option is great, but I've always thought it's a bit sad how game companies have to lose money from the lost subs that all the gold spammers pay.

So here's what I propose. Set up a hidden, "mirror image", version of the game... it could be called, oh I dunno, HoneyPot or something . It's impossible for people to tell when they're in the honey pot, as it's an exact mirror of the game, only the people in the real game have no awareness of those in the honey pot.

If someone is flagged by enough people as being a spammer they could get auto placed in the honey pot, and that way the spammers have no idea if they're annoying people or not, Cryptic still gets money from them, and we don't get hassled! Everyone wins! Except the spammers of course.
Yes put all the spammers on their own server. I'd love to see one spammer sending tells to another trying to sell them gold.

You bai energy?
No, YOU bai energy?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 10:20 AM
It would be fun if they tagged all the spammers, making them attackable (and fully lootable) by anyone, like the enemy contacts. (and deny them bank access)