Lt. Commander
# 31
02-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Presumably, a buff to anomolies means they appear more frequently OR the amount of anomolies you collect from each scan goes up (3 biological and 2 alloy instead of 2 biological and 1 alloy).

I tend to agree that there could be considerably more information disseminated, especially about how different values work together to buff a skill.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Adding one....

Starbase 39 (which is in the Sierra system, Alpha Centari block) is where you can buy items for credits that are tier III and above. You do eventually get a quest to go there, but you'll be more than halfway through LCDR before you get it and its handy to know just for the vendors if you want to upgrade that white gear to tier III/IV w/o exchange level pricing.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross10c View Post
WRONG!
I have come a across a few missions that don't include enough information such as the sector block.
Remember to post a bug report about such things
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-09-2010, 02:26 PM
- This falls more into the realm of role-playing, but still good to know information. The ranks in the game are (from lowest rank to highest) Ensign, Lieutenant, Lieutenant Commander, Commander, Captain, Admiral. If a player doesn't have their rank title on and have taken the time to change their rank insignia, you can identify them and address them "properly".

Rank - Mode of Address - Pip Sequence

1.Ensign - Ensign - 1 bright pip
2.Lieutenant, Junior Grade (JG) - Lieutenant - 1 dark pip, 1 bright pip
3.Lieutenant - Lieutenant - 2 bright pips
4.Lieutenant Commander - Commander - 1 dark pip, 2 bright pips
5.Commander - Commander - 3 bright pips
6.Captain - Captain - 4 bright pips
7.Rear Admiral, Lower Half - Admiral - 5 bright pips or 1 bright pip enclosed in a gold square

FYI - Maratime Tradition (And there is presedance in ST Canon) if your "In Charge (i.e. placed in command)" of a commissioned vessel either Military or Civilian your are "Addressed" as Captain despite your Rank something Cryptic research failed to Uncover

For "Thing's I Wish I knew" I've looked through the FAQ and other sources I think we need to add what each Rank gets you i.e How many Ship slots, and Inventory Spaces, or How many Commissioned BO's ect.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-09-2010, 03:52 PM
You can add:
To unstack items you can Cntrl-Left mouse drag to another location.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeod
FYI - Maratime Tradition (And there is presedance in ST Canon) if your "In Charge (i.e. placed in command)" of a commissioned vessel either Military or Civilian your are "Addressed" as Captain despite your Rank something Cryptic research failed to Uncover
Regardless of rank, when you are exercising your command (on your ship or with your away team), then you are addressed as Captain. This applies to the personnel under your direct command (ship's crew) and any passengers that may be on board your ship.

However, it is not necessary for persons outside that scope to address you as Captain, and addressing you by your rank is completely appropriate. Also, on board your ship, higher ranking officers are not required to address you as Captain, however they can do so out of respect for your position and command. And I would dare any (rank) Commander to correct an Admiral on their bridge when that Admiral decides to address them by their actual rank and not their granted position.

(As an aside, Admirals/Generals are, for the most part, very cognizant of tradition. From personal experience, they also tend to be a lot more human than officers of lower rank. When I was an enlisted member of the USAF, some of the most engaging and down-to-earth conversations I ever had where with officers of flag rank. They tend to recognize you as a person, it seemed.)
Lt. Commander
# 37 Constitution Class Star Ship
02-09-2010, 05:54 PM
When you recieve your Constitution Class Star Ship from the C-Store it appears in you inventory. I don't know yet how to implement it yet because I have been happy with my current ship
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-10-2010, 08:50 AM
I have a couple that simply weren't obvious to me:

You have to claim your TOS Constitution Class ship from the C-Store on EACH character you want it on. (That one led to a temporary acceleration of my hair loss.)

You then have to go to your Inventory and double click it to "equip" it. THEN it will be available as a choice when you visit the NPC in Earth Spacedock that lets you choose your ship.

To add officer candidates, go to the "Assignments" tab of your status page and double click the candidate. (This one also accelerated my hair loss. I kept thinking the Assignments tab was for my character's personal assignments, and not clicking on it when I was looking for my officer candidates.)
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-10-2010, 10:34 AM
You can set all of your weapons to fire at once (spacebar for example) by hitting excape, going to controls, keybinds, and scrolling about halfway down. I personally use this on my smaller ships, along with the autofire. I do not know how well it will/wont work tactically on a larger ship.

Also, byt doing this it "IS" possible to fire off two high yields at a time, but you will "burn out" one of your torpedo bays. be careful. It wont come back until u "zone" or die.

X
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuffers
Adding one....

Starbase 39 (which is in the Sierra system, Alpha Centari block) is where you can buy items for credits that are tier III and above. You do eventually get a quest to go there, but you'll be more than halfway through LCDR before you get it and its handy to know just for the vendors if you want to upgrade that white gear to tier III/IV w/o exchange level pricing.
I've been looking for that information. Thanks.
Closed Thread