Lt. Commander
# 41
02-10-2010, 02:19 PM
I have noticed in combat during ground missions that my view starts to become black-and-white, I am guessing when my health is dangerously low. Can anyone confirm?
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun_Fodder View Post
I recently looted a starship component that had he description " +7.5 to space anomolies."

(Sigh)... Is there some sort of guide out there that better explains these?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedentarygecko View Post
Presumably, a buff to anomolies means they appear more frequently OR the amount of anomolies you collect from each scan goes up (3 biological and 2 alloy instead of 2 biological and 1 alloy).
This is precisely why Cryptic needs to be more forthcoming about different skills and buffs.

Space Anomolies is a skill that increases the effectiveness of several science-related skills which create spatial anomolies, such as Tyken's Rift.

In general (but not always) look in your skills list to find out what a +skill item will do for you. It is possible to get items that buff skills you won't have until Admiral from the very beginning of the game. It is also possible to get items that buff skills you don't have, but are available to one of the other officer types, in which case you may never know exactly what that item does.
Lt. Commander
# 43 cargo ship routes
02-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Just a quick suggestion to help you with your aid planet missions. All those bright blue lines you see on the galaxy map are actually the flight paths that trade ships travel. So when you need to buy those medical supplies or wha- not, go to one of those blue lines and a trade ship will cross your path.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshan
I have noticed in combat during ground missions that my view starts to become black-and-white, I am guessing when my health is dangerously low. Can anyone confirm?

I can confirm this... Usually by this point, more often than not, I get stun locked and am unable to get away and heal...
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshan
Yes. I think its around 25% health and no shields, but not sure.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-12-2010, 01:26 PM
you can bind the balance all shields to any button I use "g" that way when on the ground I press g to auto target exposed targets and in space I spam g to keep my shields up on weak faces.

pressing p opens up your power tray and if you mouse over abilities it will show you exactly what skills effect its power and duration.

you can bind any button to target next CLOSEST enemy not just next target. I bound the ` key (right above tab) works better for targeting the thing right in your face.

shield power only effects regen not max shield strength. equip a covarient and drop shield power to 25 trust me it works.

you can sell to the replicator on the ground just drag individual items over the greyed out button and hit confirm. its slower than in space and tedious but can help if your inventory is full

you turn like a glacier if your throttle is at 0 try throttling at 25 or 50 if you need to turn fast.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sresk View Post
you can bind the balance all shields to any button I use "g" that way when on the ground I press g to auto target exposed targets and in space I spam g to keep my shields up on weak faces.
Yup, this is definately a good one if you want to avoid a lot of mouse-use during combat. I've bound it to numpad-enter because I fight with right hand on the numpad to fire off abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-12-2010, 03:39 PM
My biggest learning experience so far was realizing the skill-up screen had a scroll bar. I ran out of places to put points and was stuck at Lieutenant.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonybin View Post
My biggest learning experience so far was realizing the skill-up screen had a scroll bar. I ran out of places to put points and was stuck at Lieutenant.
This happened to me too; as I ran out of skills to spend points on, I tried messing with the filter to make unavailable powers disappear. At that point, I swear that I watched that darned scroll bar appear. The bright side is that my away teams kick my own character's butt, even if that means I'ma be one of the lamest Lt. Commanders ever.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedentarygecko View Post
Presumably, a buff to anomolies means they appear more frequently OR the amount of anomolies you collect from each scan goes up (3 biological and 2 alloy instead of 2 biological and 1 alloy).

I tend to agree that there could be considerably more information disseminated, especially about how different values work together to buff a skill.
Not 100% sure on this one, but I think that Spacial Anomolies is an attribute that your character can have and will buff your anomolies such as Tyken's Rift, maybe even Gravity Well.
Closed Thread