Lt. Commander
# 61 Looking for Enterprise
02-19-2010, 01:32 PM
She is a Cruiser or the Excalibur class and I think you get it with a different name. First name change is free.... next one is 3000 what ever monetary points they are called.
Lt. Commander
# 62 Royal Navy
02-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Not very important, but I'm 90% sure Gene Roddenberry based the original Star Trek on Her Majesty's Royal Navy. I know much more about the TV show than I do about this game.Lol.
Lt. Commander
# 63
03-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortinaminus View Post
Never seen this thread.. oops. Nice tips there. Couple of things thought I use that can help others maybe:

If you are in a team and your friend is getting aggro from the ship you are attacking, you dont need to retarget your team mate to use sci/tac/eng team or other heal/buff It will target onto the Mobs target (if in range). Double edged sword though, if you are shooting something that is aggroed on something else and need to heal yourself press F1 to target yourself.

In a team you can use the F1,2,3,4 etc keys to target team mates with F1 as yourself.
I noticed that every now and again I meant to heal myself and end up blowing an engineering team on target of my target, hope they fix that, or at least make it so i can turn it off. Didnt realize you could target teammates with F-keys either. Thx for the tips!
Lt. Commander
# 64
03-10-2010, 02:30 PM
In Ground Combat, right clicking a target will move you just into weapons range for ranged primary attacks ( = 30.48m). Unfortunately it doesn't adjust to what you have equipped (eg:melee weapons).
Lt. Commander
# 65
03-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Your away team can equip gear that is equal to your rank. Not until I was RA and I accidentally equipped a captain level weapon on my engineering BO did I know this. I assumed that they could not use gear that was above commander level, since they were limited to that rank. Nothing in the game states this, it just comes down to you assuming they are confined to the same rules that a player is or not.

Oddly enough, even at RA5 level ground encounters, that did ok - it just took a long time to kill stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 66
03-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denare View Post
Nice stuff, OP.

I'd like to add that selling things to the replicator at the bottom of your inventory typically gives about 80% of the total credits you'd get had you sold the item to a vendor.
But, did you know that in ground missions, and in certain non combat situations, you can use your replicator to get food, hypo sprays, shield recharge equipment and much more?

Go ahead and click it to see.

This is invaluable for tough ground missions where provisions for your team are scarce. All or most items through the replicator are 20 energy credits.
My replicator only works when I'm on the ship. How do you use it when you're planetside?
Lt. Commander
# 67
03-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikorg
I noticed that every now and again I meant to heal myself and end up blowing an engineering team on target of my target, hope they fix that, or at least make it so i can turn it off. Didnt realize you could target teammates with F-keys either. Thx for the tips!
You can, actually. It's somewhere under the Targetting options in... Gameplay? I haven't really messed with it yet, so I don't recall exactly where. ;/ Wish I could be more helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 68
03-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Aikens View Post
My replicator only works when I'm on the ship. How do you use it when you're planetside?
You can't purchase anything from your replicator while you're planetside, but you can sell items to your replicator by dragging the item to the replicator button. It's grayed out while you're planetside, as it was originally intended (in closed beta) that you could not access your replicator at all when away from your ship.

I'm not sure if it's a bug that has persisted all the way through, but I think it has been pretty invaluable to be able to use while groundside since I tend to gather a lot more (junk) items on the ground than I do in space, and at least this way I get some credits instead of just discarding the items for nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 69
03-14-2010, 02:04 PM
This is a great thread!

One thing I just discovered was that from the status page (your paperdoll) you can right-click on the items you are wearing and there is a "Hide fr. Costume" option!

No more polyarmor-kit crap hiding my rank!!!
Lt. Commander
# 70
03-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun_Fodder View Post
Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for starting this thread, and thanks again to everyone contributing. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to add, except to voice my frustration about the most poorly documented game that I have ever played.

I am curious about the certain stats and how they effect gameplay. For example, I recently looted a starship component that had he description " +7.5 to space anomolies."

(Sigh)... Is there some sort of guide out there that better explains these?

I've found that the lack of documentation is compounded by the fact that the skills tab is actually listed alphabetically by rank. It makes trying to figure out how said skill work rather confusing.

SPATIAL ANOMALY is a tier 5 skill under STARSHIP OPERATIONS and is a subset of STARSHIP DEFLECTORS and STARSHIP DEFLECTOR DISH.

see my nxt post 4 more info...
Closed Thread