Captain
# 31
02-24-2014, 03:18 AM
Finally managed to get it done twice with 1-1.30 minutes to spare. Identified that turning and exiting iota pavonis were my holdups.

Starting at zaria move towards eta eridani.

Enter eta eridani and TW to Pi canis.

Clear Pi Canis and use "between the stars" quickwarp.

Clear Tau Dewa and exit at mylase sector.

Go Nortwest to Alpha Centauri then to Iota Pavonis.

Clear Iota Pavonis and quickwarp to Briar patch using "secret orders" quickwarp.

Clear regulus and cross sirius to beta ursea.

TW across BU, make turn in Zeta Andromeda and enter Alpha T. sector.

Speed across AT and enter sirius toward Gamma O gate.

Clear borg and undine space.

With borg engines this should finish with at least 30 sec to spare.
Community Moderator
# 32
02-24-2014, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
For all those Fed player's here is a link for you to read thru.

Also here is a link to a map I made, this is one of the easiest routes to take.
I don't understand why this route (from the map) starts in the Mylasa sector?

I thought you had to go to ESD to start the mission?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Survivor of Romulus
# 33
02-24-2014, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I don't understand why this route (from the map) starts in the Mylasa sector?

I thought you had to go to ESD to start the mission?
Not the new, "de-improved" post-hourly-calendar-removal version. Use your mission log, find Tour under the "Available" tab, and start from wherever you like.
Community Moderator
# 34
02-24-2014, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloishammer View Post
Not the new, "de-improved" post-hourly-calendar-removal version. Use your mission log, find Tour under the "Available" tab, and start from wherever you like.
Ah, thanks!
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 35
02-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Ah, thanks!
They turned it into a daily mission that can be found in your available missions log.

The map I created isn't the fastest possible course you can take (meaning some trans-warping may be needed to achieve quicker times), but it is probably the easiest to follow till you can come up with a faster method.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet

Last edited by shadowwraith77; 02-24-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Lieutenant
# 36
02-24-2014, 04:01 PM
I run with MACO engines, the Solanae WC (Subspace Fold), and 3 points in DC, and I can generally finish with a couple minutes on the clock (provided there isn't any lag and I don't screw it up ). My route is as follows, using slipstream and subspace fold as often as I possibly can.

I start in the Pelia sector, and hit all four in Gamma Orionis. Take the Gate to Sirius, then fly over to Alpha Trianguli. Go down and around through Zeta A, and come back to Sirius via Beta Ursae. Go up to Alpha Centauri and fly straight through the Teneebia sector to the Iota Pavonis block (edit: hit all four sectors, ofc). Come back into Alpha Centauri, in the Sierra sector, and go to Psi Velorum. Fly down to the Mylasa sector. TRANSWARP to Tau Dewa from there! Fly through Tau Dewa to the Narendra Sector, then fly through the Pi Canis block, through Eta Eridani, to the Orellius Block. Now, from here, you can fly from the Deferi Sector to the Raveh sector, and you can get back to Eta Eridani from the Raveh sector. Back--track through Eta Eridani to the Regulus block, and fly straight on til morning.

Last edited by sgcdialler; 02-24-2014 at 04:05 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 37
02-24-2014, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drazursouthclaw View Post
I've played for about 3 years, and have never done this mission.

I WAS going to try it soon - just for the experience - but now I think I'll save myself the frustration.

If the 15 minutes includes the load time as well, that is not just 'harsh' but downright monstrous.

Isn't the 'Daily' aspect of it now MORE than enough to stop people from 'earning too much', or whatever the issue is?

Sometimes I really do wonder why they make the decisions they do.
I am mostly with you. I tried it a few times back in the day but it never would register that I had visited any of the places so I gave up on it and have never tried it since.

However, these days as you say I do not feel it is even worth my effort. I have things like the Vesta which has awesome slip-stream but eh... whatever.
Ensign
# 38
02-24-2014, 07:49 PM
i managed to do tour the galaxy with my main fed captain, i dont have anything in my driver coil, i just used the chimeras advanced slipstream, subspace fold (solanae overcharged core), borg engines and transwarp to ESD, managed to do it with 2 mins to spare. the most annoying thing about tour the galaxy is, some sectors have you facing ompletly the wrong way whne you enter, and that can take some seconds off,
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-25-2014, 03:02 AM
I would love it if they made them all so that you were facing away from the general direction from which you entered. They don't have to match oblique angles or anything, just make it so that if I cross from a sector block to the "South" to the one to the "North", no matter what angle I hit the border at, I'm facing "North" when I enter the second sector block. Most transitions seem to work this way, but a few will have you facing 90 degrees off from the general heading that you crossed in, and a couple (Iota Pavonis into Alpha Centauri being the one that matters in this context) will have you facing back in the direction from which you came.
Rihannsu
# 40
02-25-2014, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anodynes View Post
I would love it if they made them all so that you were facing away from the general direction from which you entered. They don't have to match oblique angles or anything, just make it so that if I cross from a sector block to the "South" to the one to the "North", no matter what angle I hit the border at, I'm facing "North" when I enter the second sector block. Most transitions seem to work this way, but a few will have you facing 90 degrees off from the general heading that you crossed in, and a couple (Iota Pavonis into Alpha Centauri being the one that matters in this context) will have you facing back in the direction from which you came.
Yeah, there's several of those and they're annoying....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.