Lt. Commander
# 51
02-28-2014, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anodynes View Post
I would love it if they made them all so that you were facing away from the general direction from which you entered. They don't have to match oblique angles or anything, just make it so that if I cross from a sector block to the "South" to the one to the "North", no matter what angle I hit the border at, I'm facing "North" when I enter the second sector block. Most transitions seem to work this way, but a few will have you facing 90 degrees off from the general heading that you crossed in, and a couple (Iota Pavonis into Alpha Centauri being the one that matters in this context) will have you facing back in the direction from which you came.
Unannounced fix in this last patch, you now face "South" coming out of Iota Pavonis into Alpha Centauri, and "North" coming out of Eta Eridani into Pi Canis. There are still some transitions that are wrong that I've found so far, Sirius/Vulcan sector into Regulus still leaves you facing "North", and Regulus/Kassae sector into Sirius leaves you facing "South", but this is a big improvement.
Lieutenant
# 52
06-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaramda View Post
In my opinion, the Tour is no longer worth running. You only have 15 minutes to complete which is nearly impossible to run even with the best of engines. If your pc lags even a little you will lose time. Add to that that the amount of EC you get is smaller than it was, this mission is a complete bust. They really need to keep this at an hour or, for compromise sake, drop it to 30 minutes. This is only my viewpoint and I know that some will agree with this assessment.
I agree, they should at least make it 30 to 45 minutes long instead of the crappy 15 minutes.
Lieutenant
# 53
06-24-2014, 12:21 AM
Heck. Since it has a 20 hour cooldown might as well make it a 20 hour clock to complete.
Lieutenant
# 54
06-26-2014, 05:18 AM
I start in the southeast corner of z6
hook through tarod and devron into bolarus and head south
left through teneebia sierra vendor
left through hyralan orias mylasa
when i'm feeling lazy i'll tau dewa transwarp but can just as easily go back to hyralan and head south
left again through azure nimbus narendra
right from mempa hromi xarantine
archanis donatu aldebaren
deferi north to raveh and hook right back to aldebaren
north to risa sector and immediately west to dorvan almatha algira
orias vanden arawath kora
cardassia bajor kalandra
hook left (or change instances) at orion
cut across vulcan sector to argelius
only annoying point is here where you have to spin 180 degrees to go south
through celes and kassae, hook a right
turn right and you'll see the transwarp gate
hit the 4 corners point under sibiran and on to pelia...

If I use slipstreams, tau dewa from mylasa, and instance switch at orion I can finish in under 10 minutes... but I can complete the whole tour without any of that business using a non slipstream warp 22 using [9 driver coil], [borg engines] and a [green mk xi [coi]].

No funky mission transwarps or funky jukes in the route. Just straight out flying.

Last edited by hawkhawkins; 06-26-2014 at 05:20 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 55
06-26-2014, 08:21 AM
I thought before BranFlakes left he mentioned that they were looking to address the time that everyone was giving feedback about was way too short?