Lt. Commander
# 1 My thoughts on C-Store
02-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Honestly I think Cryptics current business model is flawed and underhanded. The reason is they are charging us 14.99/month (the standard MMO monthly fee) but asking us to purchase additional content that should have been free at launch.

I know people are going to say you don't have to buy it but that's not the point. What happens when they start adding new ship model via C-Store and charge you for them instead of just adding it. How would you feel if they only offered one ship design per tier and you had to buy the rest? That is the slippery slope Cryptic is walking right now.

If Cryptic wants to charge us for additional content then they should lower the month fees to 9.99 - 12.99. That would actually be fair to the entire conmunity player base.

Like I said, Cryptic is on a slippery slope right now and the choices the community makes as to whether embrace RMT items or ignore them will not only determine future business models of not only Cryptic but future MMO's in general.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Your opinion has been duly noted.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Slippery Slope is actually a logical fallacy (Studied logic) that indicates a BAD argument... which you happen to be using as SUPPORT of your argument.

Anyway...

I do not mind the C-Store at all. There has been MANY times in MANY games I thought to myself I'd pay a buck or two or three for this, this, or that without it causing massive altercations in gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSunBird View Post
Your opinion has been duly noted.
Your avatar says it perfectly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 10:49 AM
As always Dyvid, you're opinion is as important to me as everyone else who also has no business sense or understanding.

I'll make sure to contact Cryptic and let them know they're the first company to do micro-transactions.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Well as the old Earth proverb says "A fool and their money is soon departed." Enjoy paying extra money for free content.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyvid View Post
Well as the old Earth proverb says "A fool and their money is soon departed." Enjoy paying extra money for free content.
If you have to pay for it, it's not free.

Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyvid View Post
If you're going to quote proverbs, quote them correctly. "Departed" doesn't even make sense there.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Until you can buy something that gives you a tactical advantage and isn't available in the game to be earned, they can put whatever they want in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Well I love ships, so if they put a nice looking ship on the C store I would buy it. I put some money aside for the C store actually. It's kinda neat seeing what they might add. If it's crap then no, the C store wont see a dime