Lt. Commander
# 21
02-03-2010, 12:09 PM
I would happily pay extra for ship models, new races etc.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-03-2010, 12:10 PM
I dont really care. I got 500 points for free and transactions like this are the wave of the MMO future, so deal with it.

The Ferengi costs ONE DOLLAR in C-Store credits
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-03-2010, 12:18 PM
I'd rather give a developer money for content than give a "chinese gold farmer" cash money and flood the market.
Kthxbai.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-03-2010, 12:22 PM
I get the distinct feeling that this thread didn't go how the OP had hoped. That is good thing.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
"A fool and his money are soon parted" is the correct way to repeat the old proverb.

"Free content" is free. "Paid for content" is paid for. Simple concepts.

You as the purchaser are entitled to pay for what you want or not pay for what you do not want. You are NOT entitled to dictate which content is free and which is paid, unless you are running the business that provides the content. This is a little more higher-level concept and is based in a humanity-wide "greed".
Fixed.

Oh and I will say one more thing.

You people should be now asking yourselves why, since the game has only just launched, this very month, that this current cash shop 'fluff' was not included in the game you just bought? I mean seriously, the code was already in there, from closed beta and they pulled it back to charge you for it now.

There was one other game in the past that had done this and recieved a lot of critisism for. They basically released the game and then later placed DLC on xbox live. The poor saps who paid for this DLC were horrified to learn that this content was already on the disk had already been made and all they paid for was the damn code to unlock it.

Beautiful Katanaii.

http://news.filefront.com/new-beauti...c-is-a-ripoff/

I say again to those who don'tt seem/want to see this truth.

You are being ripped off.

DLC/cash shop/expansions should come WELL AFTER LAUNCH. Its proof the game is still in development, its what you get for subscribing, your subs pay for the game to be constantly improved/revised/added too. If the file is substantial, you are required to pay for it. BUT ONLY WAY AFTER LAUNCH! Other wise, it SHOULD BE INCLUDED FROM THE START.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-03-2010, 12:25 PM
This is jsut plain stupid. What is wrong wiht MT. They do not affect game play at all. Shut up and get over it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyvid View Post
Well as the old Earth proverb says "A fool and their money is soon departed." Enjoy paying extra money for free content.
Serious, you are a clown.
A fool and their money is soon departed? maybe you are right, save yourself the money and get an education.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-03-2010, 12:26 PM
ill say it as usual

cryptic is not the only one doing this

wow has been doing it for years, they just didnt put the store IN GAME
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevedis View Post
ill say it as usual

cryptic is not the only one doing this

wow has been doing it for years, they just didnt put the store IN GAME
Difference being, WOW didn't do this the same week as release. Open your eyes.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyvid View Post
I think Cryptics current business model is flawed
Nice cut & paste statement.