Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2010, 12:13 AM
I've tried running with everything disabled, and oddly enough, I've found almost the exact same performance issues. I was a little surprised to say the least. I remember looking in beta and seeing that apparently alot of people had been having issues with ATI cards, including having them burnt out. I'm going to tweak with the settings some more in game based on your recommendations to see if I can find a better solution. Honestly I wish I could put some of the graphics load on my processors instead of the card to further help. Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm almost up to 2 hours on hold... and counting.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Cryptic arent blizzard. They have a imited number of staff available to answer calls, and currently there are hundreds, possibly more players trying to get in contact with them.
Of course Cryptic isn't as large as Blizzard, but they are releasing a major MMO, so one would think they ramped up their staffing in advance, either with temps or full-time employees. Waiting on hold is one thing, but 2+ hours with no indication whatsoever that they will ever pick up the call is completely unacceptable.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 01:54 PM
DDR2 memory on your card is not meant for gaming. Especially for a modern game such as STO, and a 43** series is basically a budget card. Even with 1Gb of trash memory. that card would be lucky to run wow on full settings, and even then, it would be relying on your other components to run it.

You need to upgrade your card, plain and simple. If that DDR2 was DDR3 memory, youd notice a huge difference. It's why it's so cheap. they put the cheapest memory then can get on it, just to bump up the numbers to make people think its good.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 02:34 PM
my 8800 ultra runs everything fine and dandy *pats computer case* but that's beside the point, i can stay on the phone for about 10 minuites before an automated voice cuts me off. and on top of that i've had usless replies to my tickets oh and did i mention, my first ticket was made on the jan the 18th, it wasn't untill about feb the 3rd that they asnwered. no there CS system really needs to be re-done, sorry to be blunt but it sucks, having a small number of people is no excuse for badly designed tools.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 03:26 PM
you think you have it bad? i have spent 5 hours on hold with them in the last 3 days. 30 minutes is nothing